Strange Pheasant

Lurked for such a long time, first write up.

Out feeding some of the animals and spotted a pheasant that I thought looked rather tasty so I grabbed my hw95, turns out our new donkeys want me to turn vegetarian as they chased the bloody thing away... spotted this little fella and I love a good stalk. He kept me at bay until his fatal mistake, went into the next field and sat behind a fence post. Could see his rear sticking out but his head hidden, kept low used the opportunity to get within 20 yards, peaked out and the 95 put another down. Love this rifle can't lie, had it over a year now and it'll never go anywhere. 

One trouble area I have with rabbits has doubled in size in a week, new deep holes everyday almost. Work is cut out for me I think. 

20181217_151638.jpg

• Like 9

It's .22, I'm in that club.. although a Hw97 in .177 might be next on the list.

Yeah I bought it second hand and loved it but immediately had it in bits, machined myself some Delrin guides etc...

Didn't know if write ups were for me but I enjoy reading the ones put up here and you lot really know your stuff it's unbelievable the fountain of knowledge and experience on here.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, S.Maclean said:

It's .22, I'm in that club.. although a Hw97 in .177 might be next on the list.

Yeah I bought it second hand and loved it but immediately had it in bits, machined myself some Delrin guides etc...

Didn't know if write ups were for me but I enjoy reading the ones put up here and you lot really know your stuff it's unbelievable the fountain of knowledge and experience on here.

give me a shout if you fac the 97....☺ 

8 hours ago, Robo9 said:

give me a shout if you fac the 97....☺ 

Haven't dabbled much in fac air even though it'd be ideal for me.

5 hours ago, philpot said:

Nice write up Mr Maclean, now the first is out of the way, feel free to keep posting,  then, like the rest of us, we can take the p1ss out of you ?

Good luck with the rabbits, sounds like you are going to be busy.

Phil

Eek.. I'm rather sensitive ?

1 hour ago, The one said:

nice going mate  better with the rabbit more meat than the pheasant 

Yeah but I just fancied a change.. on the plus side my rabbit recipes are perfected

Yeah I don't mind solid but they're wee bit on the heavy side.. I'm setting up a couple hides and baiting stations so the 97 in .177 seems like might be a good shout for accuracy at longer distances and in the hide weight won't be an issue. Just looking for an excuse to splash, always wanted to put a few tins of pellets through one.

4 minutes ago, S.Maclean said:

Yeah I don't mind solid but they're wee bit on the heavy side.. I'm setting up a couple hides and baiting stations so the 97 in .177 seems like might be a good shout for accuracy at longer distances and in the hide weight won't be an issue. Just looking for an excuse to splash, always wanted to put a few tins of pellets through one.

I’ve got a 97 in .177 and it’s going nowhere, it’s ace?

Sounds perfect for what you want