New pup

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fetch my new pup Saturday evening. He a 14 gen bred Collie/Greyhound.

Cheers peeps. I collected him from Durham Saturday evening which took me a 6 hour round trip. I waited for this littler for a long time. 

Can the mods please provide a new section called the bean section so lurcher threads aren’t constantly pissed over with bean juice. 

Posted Images

Hancock dogs ? the place is a dump. The man is dog peddelar the dogs are spinning round in frustration and that was 20 years ago when I went for a look absolute joke I bought one a beard border cross bitch pup. Called her candy decent jumper retriever but no prey drive no stamina OK for 5 /10 rabbits on the beam reds forget them big lugs ? ? and tbh very nervous type but I read the plummer books as a kid so live and learn 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Lee Parker said:

Hancock dogs ? the place is a dump. The man is dog peddelar the dogs are spinning round in frustration and that was 20 years ago when I went for a look absolute joke I bought one a beard border cross bitch pup. Called her candy decent jumper retriever but no prey drive no stamina OK for 5 /10 rabbits on the beam reds forget them big lugs ? ? and tbh very nervous type but I read the plummer books as a kid so live and learn 

Not a fan then? ?. What dogs do you own and work?

Edited by shaaark
6 hours ago, Lee Parker said:

You state the man is a peddler, dogs spinning round and it was an absolute joke but still bought a pup?????? No stamina, is that not down to your fitness program, that might explain only be ok for 5/10 rabbits. I have one from there and she’s pretty faultless, amate only has his lurchers from there and has no complaints either 

Edited by neil b
Added extra txt
  • Like 5
36 minutes ago, neil b said:

You state the man is a peddler, dogs spinning round and it was an absolute joke but still bought a pup?????? No stamina, is that not down to your fitness program, that might explain only be ok for 5/10 rabbits. I have one from there and she’s pretty faultless, amate only has his lurchers from there and has no complaints either 

I know more than a few people that have had dogs from there since he started breeding, and a few that still do. Also know plenty of dogs bred from hancock dogs, my old dog included. A couple have been average, some very good and some superb. Regularly taking all quarry, day and night, up and down the country. Also know a couple of guys that will only have their lurchers from there ?

• Like 2

One of the problems with DH dogs is that they have gone from breeding "working" dogs to all round agility/pet/designer dogs.

My first in the early 80s was 100%, second about 18 years ago was decent/average. Would I have another? Maybe if I couldn't source what I wanted from anywhere else.

Cheers, D.

15 minutes ago, dytkos said:

One of the problems with DH dogs is that they have gone from breeding "working" dogs to all round agility/pet/designer dogs.

My first in the early 80s was 100%, second about 18 years ago was decent/average. Would I have another? Maybe if I couldn't source what I wanted from anywhere else.

Cheers, D.

Maybe in 10 years time, but hopefully not, agilty etc will be the only thing that all of us will be able to do with sighthounds and their crosses,  and hancock's will probably still be breeding.

And on that note, even after the K C's 'fit for function' policy, which I can't see anyone abiding by, cos most of the main breeds that have been ruined still look like shit, the only part of these shows which I actually enjoy watching is the agilty ?

38 minutes ago, dytkos said:

Cheers, D.

Did you get yours of Mr scrope