New pup

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I fetch my new pup Saturday evening. He a 14 gen bred Collie/Greyhound.

Cheers peeps. I collected him from Durham Saturday evening which took me a 6 hour round trip. I waited for this littler for a long time. 

Can the mods please provide a new section called the bean section so lurcher threads aren’t constantly pissed over with bean juice. 

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, neil b said:

Very nice we’re did he come from? 

very nice pup that, carnt beat worker to worker , just goes to show if you wait and shop around you can get good lurcher, you aint got to go Hancock , as  a easy option , that collie x lurchers that are not worked .?

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, bird said:

very nice pup that, carnt beat worker to worker , just goes to show if you wait and shop around you can get good lurcher, you aint got to go Hancock , as  a easy option , that collie x lurchers that are not worked .?

There like hens teeth though there was a lad on here looking for one for quite a while without any success 

28 minutes ago, neil b said:

There like hens teeth though there was a lad on here looking for one for quite a while without any success 

They definitely out there though, as you know. Just the fact they don't breed many litters, just as replacements etc. But with hancock, you can get one when you like

• Like 2

I can see what folks are saying about worker to worker but I bet 90% of the collie greyhounds sold privately not directly from  Hancock have Hancock blood Running through there veins,what is difficult is finding a first cross collie greyhound privately so folks are forced to go to Hancock,folks say he doesn’t work them but they are from working blood lines which is very important,I bred a Bedlington terrier from 98% Rillington blood lines I gave it to my sister in law who introduced it to the pet rabbit at 8 weeks and they were friends for life lol, I bred from this dog because of her blood lines and of the 4 pups that went to working homes they all made excellent workers,a generation missed from work makes little difference if for generations there has been workers,I had a cocker bred from a non worker with a excellent working pedigree the stud was a Rytex dog f**k me could that dog hunt he would have pulled most dogs around faster than they could go under there own steam ,there’s saying always look what’s behind the dog I.e it’s working pedigree to get a true picture of the dog rather than just the dog.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, Str said:

I can see what folks are saying about worker to worker but I bet 90% of the collie greyhounds sold privately not directly from  Hancock have Hancock blood Running through there veins,what is difficult is finding a first cross collie greyhound privately so folks are forced to go to Hancock,folks say he doesn’t work them but they are from working blood lines which is very important,I bred a Bedlington terrier from 98% Rillington blood lines I gave it to my sister in law who introduced it to the pet rabbit at 8 weeks and they were friends for life lol, I bred from this dog because of her blood lines and of the 4 pups that went to working homes they all made excellent workers,a generation missed from work makes little difference if for generations there has been workers,I had a cocker bred from a non worker with a excellent working pedigree the stud was a Rytex dog f**k me could that dog hunt he would have pulled most dogs around faster than they could go under there own steam ,there’s saying always look what’s behind the dog I.e it’s working pedigree to get a true picture of the dog rather than just the dog.

Agree with that mate.  And I personally know of collie/greys bred exactly as you've said, hancock bred to hancock bred, and alot of them are superb dogs, taking all quarry day and night on a very regular basis.

And a couple of whippets I've owned in the past that were very good workers, their parents and granparents hadn't ever seen a rabbit, never mind chase one lol ?

• Like 2