22 zero.

Got up to watch the sunrise after that storm yesterday and in the calmer weather check the zero of my 22 on this Winchester ammo I got recently.

IMG_20181216_085342395.jpg.8869a292843ab49950f83500303bd271.jpg

The subs are quite impressive.

After some adjustment up and left off hand plinking had me shooting to 150 yds easily.

It also explains why I was struggling a little on the rabbits last week!

Now have a 60yd zero and the lasers are on at 100. The reticle post comes in at 150 for lasers and 100 for subbies, or thereabouts.

Must say I have really been enjoying my 22 again these past few months.

U.

• Like 3

U.

Sounds about right to me! I have 4 rifles, 3 Centrefire + a .22RF, they all have their purpose, but at the end of the day I enjoy the good old '22'.

My shooting buddy & me have said for years that if we had to rely on something in a 'no rules' world and we could only have one gun, it would

be a 22 all day long, no shotgun even. The 22 can gather anything that 'flies swims or crawls' in our manor, it's so versatile. I read somewhere

that historically a well known hunter regularly took Red Deer with a 22RF by choice. Just goes to show re shot placement etc.

Anyway I use Winchester Subs for 'everything', and have a mag full Velocitors of in my pocket just in case.

AndyF 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Underdog said:

Got up to watch the sunrise after that storm yesterday and in the calmer weather check the zero of my 22 on this Winchester ammo I got recently.

IMG_20181216_085342395.jpg.8869a292843ab49950f83500303bd271.jpg

The subs are quite impressive.

After some adjustment up and left off hand plinking had me shooting to 150 yds easily.

It also explains why I was struggling a little on the rabbits last week!

Now have a 60yd zero and the lasers are on at 100. The reticle post comes in at 150 for lasers and 100 for subbies, or thereabouts.

Must say I have really been enjoying my 22 again these past few months.

U.

I'm surprised how often I can actually see the .22lr subs in flight these days, thought my eyes were getting worse but checked my .22 zero last week, and saw virtually every bullet flying!

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, Deker said:

I'm surprised how often I can actually see the .22lr subs in flight these days, thought my eyes were getting worse but checked my .22 zero last week, and saw virtually every bullet flying!

Me too. When the zero is spot on.

14 hours ago, andyf said:

U.

Sounds about right to me! I have 4 rifles, 3 Centrefire + a .22RF, they all have their purpose, but at the end of the day I enjoy the good old '22'.

My shooting buddy & me have said for years that if we had to rely on something in a 'no rules' world and we could only have one gun, it would

be a 22 all day long, no shotgun even. The 22 can gather anything that 'flies swims or crawls' in our manor, it's so versatile. I read somewhere

that historically a well known hunter regularly took Red Deer with a 22RF by choice. Just goes to show re shot placement etc.

Anyway I use Winchester Subs for 'everything', and have a mag full Velocitors of in my pocket just in case.

AndyF 

If I could only have one gun, it would be a .22?

• Like 1