question for bullx

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I've seen this on a lot of these Hunting type forums,...lads bad mouthing other fellahs jukels... Such opinions are best kept private between enthusiasts, as opposed to being broadcast on the I

my dog is 4yr old.he mark's 100%. will pick up a scent from a ploughed field and track it into the hedgerow/cover and shift it.nothing has straighlined him in speed.never opens up chasing.bullet proof

Ya can't win em all,....no matter how good your jukel is,.. if you run a dog regularly enough, ..he will inevitably,...meet his match...  

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Chaff said:

No one knows their dog better than the owner, and all the time and effort of bringing on a pup I wouldn't want to start over. Just for my own greed

For your own greed or to truthfully know what your feeding n mucking out everyday ? 

• Like 1

Wouldn’t have anything else, Never seen anything else more desperate to catch something than a bull x. Depending on the type, most can turn their hand to most things.The majority I’ve seen have had great noses and love to hunt. Also They can take a lot of knocks and not feel sorry for themselves like a lot of other types. 

56 minutes ago, Jude said:

Wouldn’t have anything else, Never seen anything else more desperate to catch something than a bull x. Depending on the type, most can turn their hand to most things.The majority I’ve seen have had great noses and love to hunt. Also They can take a lot of knocks and not feel sorry for themselves like a lot of other types. 

Go on...name the types that feel sorry for themselves and can’t take the heat ? watch em all pounce ???

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Just a guess as I don’t know any details but I’d say only reason a dog like that take so long to mature is lack of graft, Iv saw it twice now, 2 guys have litter mates an dogs are quite alike in most ways but one was entered round ferrets as a whelp an out on lamp before its birthday whilst the other litter mate took years to catch anything, saw it in both bullx an deerhound x types,

maybe coincidence but maybe not? so I reckon graft helps mature an young dog ?

there's a massive huge difference in waiting for a dog to mature.and trying to break a dog physically and mentally wouldnt you agree katchum.

so what was i doing when the dog was young walking around fields ferreting and lamping on my own.when the dog was in the house.ive gone through many a pair of altberg's since the dog was a pup.and no i dont own a treadmill.

8 minutes ago, king said:

each dog is different green.some are late to mature.

Dont have to tell me that matey. But just wondered what he done at say 2 that he didnt do at 3 ? Anyhow best a luck with your dog seems ya happy with him and thats what counts ??

• Like 1

I’ve had Bull Terriers around me most of my life and one Lurcher with a bit of Bull in it and seen a few.  With Bull you get no Bull, most are no nonsense, but forgiving and when at work focused. They should be full on and they are a lot of dog but you need to be on top. A bit of Bull can go a long way.  

11 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

He said never been straight lined so I take it dog has been behind a variety a game mate, an that’s what I fail to believe, I never done a lot on big deer before the ban but know guys that did. An iv seen some cold January morning roe that could boogie an have it on good faith that fallow an red are even faster,  besides all that tho if you put ye dog behind enough gear it will sooner or later get straight lined i believe??

i thought thats what he was talking about but was not sure , the roe looks the fastest of the 3 cause of its size but its the slowest , your right he's either  done next to nothing or rammed full of shit , or both , al the best to you.

• Like 1