question for bullx

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? I've seen this on a lot of these Hunting type forums,...lads bad mouthing other fellahs jukels... Such opinions are best kept private between enthusiasts, as opposed to being broadcast on the I

my dog is 4yr old.he mark's 100%. will pick up a scent from a ploughed field and track it into the hedgerow/cover and shift it.nothing has straighlined him in speed.never opens up chasing.bullet proof

Ya can't win em all,....no matter how good your jukel is,.. if you run a dog regularly enough, ..he will inevitably,...meet his match...  

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Bearfoot said:

a real good dog makes it look easy effortless only  thing that stop it is a injury if it can put 20 away a few is  nothing I've chased gear way slower dogs then went back and killed it later a real good dog ruins the game but  ive never owned one ?a good dog man should no when his dogs in the pink ready then make his move ?iam all.minced out as long as they feed themselves all year round nothing else matters 

its frustrating walking back home quick flick of the lamp and there eyes.but the dog is knackered.just got to turn off the lamp and ignore it.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I'd rather go home empty handed and dog without injury,  than go home with a dog with a rip, tear or punctured face etc, just for a poxy rabbit. Some lads need their head testing if they'd rather see the dog 'busting' hedges etc ?

to right shark a bunny is just that they aint worth any injury to the dog

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, terryd said:

Dropping off every year it seems :(

ive got an old railway embankment permision riddled with holes.used to have some great days there ferreting and air rifle.be lucky to see 1 on there now.holes filling in with leaves.

• Sad 1

thanks for the comments ?I would much rather have a dog to up and at them. I like a headstrong dog with high prey drive. I find it's easier to work with & calm a dog down than having to gee a dog up. I do like a keen as mustard little dog. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, terryd said:

Dropping off every year it seems :(

Same here Terry, haven't had the dog out so far this season :(

I been ferreting peoples gardens last few weeks, poor old dog looks at me with utter betrayal when I come home with rabbits.

Its amazing how much you rely on the dog to hold in net while I plod over lol

Still on the plus side its keeping me fit?

2 minutes ago, Chaff said:

I been ferreting peoples gardens last few weeks, poor old dog looks at me with utter betrayal when I come home with rabbits.

lol yea not the same wit out them 

7 minutes ago, Chaff said:

have a look on google maps chaff and terry for old disused railway's no track's left etc.easy to see the cutting on the land.usually good places for a mooch about.ive found some nice places doing that.then if it's holding rabbits a bit of door knocking etc.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, terryd said:

Fred90 Well thats you sorted then. I keep telling my self I want the opposite of what you just said but I also know I will miss the buzz never a dull moment

yes never a dull moment. I don't mean hitting things & getting injured. I think too much of them for that. I mean 100% tryer. mine will try at something other end of field. I get comments like dog's thick. I would much rather have a tryer than a thinker. but hey what does it matter. 

• Like 3

A dog that hits a hedge after quarry will catch more it shows heart and determination in the dog granted you don't want them hitting it full tilt sometimes they will just part and parcel of it I supposed  have a bitch 8 year old clever dog around cover never had an injury from hitting cover amount of Charlie she pulled Of cover that you would think is gone would open your eyes to the advantage of it.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, W. Katchum said:

I ain’t knocking anybody’s dog or family not in any way shape or form, I’m knocking any man that says with a straight face his dog never been straight lined, fcuk Iv seen real good real fast dogs get straight lined in October never mind January ??? it’s like saying my dogs never missed a rabbit all night last night? 

Granted it only ran 2??

straight lined what