I wonder why people think it’s acceptable for cats to roam about outside unaccompanied but yet if a dog was to do the same you would get a hefty fine... IMO all cats should be chipped and when found outside (dead or alive) the owner should be prosecuted .

• Like 1

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yer mum was right lol

I spose hit smashed its brains in with the cricket bat howd you think lol    Cheers k 

Mines has killed two to date. Couldn't care less really if they are daft enough to come in then hell mend them. Wee b*****ds keep killing the birds in my garden so what goes around comes aro

Posted Images

2 hours ago, timmytree said:

Not that, cats bug me sometimes but it was someones pet. It wasn't doing anything wrong. So the best thing Peter can do is put it right.

Of course if it was caught on camera he could be prosecuted and ordered to muzzle the dog in public and keep it on a lead.

And do you phone the police and tell them every time you break the speed limit?

the law regards cats and dogs are very different. Although cats are still classed as property once off the owners premises...unless you actively encouraged the dog to kill the cat or someone could prove your dog was dangerously out of control you are fine. The same as of you accidently hit a cat with your car you are not liable. (Been in this position myself)

below taken from a website..

As for the UK (but possibly excluding Northern Ireland and Scotland where there could be slight differences), the law is relatively straightforward if your dog kills or injures a cat. The same would apply if your dog attacked and injured a person or assistance dog but the penalties are harsher.

An interesting story highlights the law. A kitten belonging to a lady crawled under a hole in a fence and found himself in her neighbour’s garden. The neighbour owned a dog, a Jack Russell. The dog attacked the cat and killed him. The police said that no crime had been committed as did the RSPCA.

The RSPCA said that in order for an offence to be committed it would have to be proved that the dog owner had encouraged his dog to attack another animal or failed to take reasonable steps to prevent the attack or allowed their dog to be dangerously out of control in a public place.

• Like 1

Lot of good and bad advice here, but the bottom line is the man has got to do what sits best with his conscience, some folk could kill a cat a day and never lose a wink of sleep, others would be horrified, we are not all the same and our moral compasses are all wired a bit different, if the op wants to by a kitten and feel good about his decision alls good, when I was a boy and every other house on the estate had a pigeon loft many had snares set on the back of them for cats, each to there own just do what sits right with you and ??everyone else ✌

• Like 3