• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yer mum was right lol

I spose hit smashed its brains in with the cricket bat howd you think lol    Cheers k 

Mines has killed two to date. Couldn't care less really if they are daft enough to come in then hell mend them. Wee b*****ds keep killing the birds in my garden so what goes around comes aro

Posted Images

In the UK the law looks at it that it's natural for dogs to chase cats and not classed as the dog being out of control. I've looked into it in the past for various reasons. You've deprived someone of their property though, so if push came to shove you could have to buy them a new cat. I assume it's a similar law in bogland.

13 hours ago, peterhunter86 said:

I have a young dog here I've tried me best to break her to cats and I thought I had her broke to them and last week she killed a kitten then tonight I was walking in my local park which backs onto an apartment block with a fence and bushes along it so I let the dogs off for a piss an shit not thinking and one of the dogs grabbed a cat and had it killed in seconds if I'm honest I was impressed because of the size of it good dog  haha but it was cought on camera I took the cat off the dog and it stumbled a foot or two then stopped I got the dogs on the leads and got them home then went back to get it and bring it to the vets but it was dead and I'm probably going to be all over Facebook the morning looking for my dogs heads where do I stand as Funny as it is I don't need it at the moment 

Have,nt read all the reply,s and laws may have changed since but in the 80,s I had a small whippet cross that was a nailer on cats never managed to break it, I was visiting my parents one day with said dog and left her in the garden were she killed fluffer the neighbours cat, it caused a lot of shit as you can imaging and the police were called, I had to attend the local station were I was told that it was not illegal that my dog had killed the cat but the dog was put on a register and had to be muzzled in public ? No further action, I,m just breaking my cat to lizards at the moment  ???

image.jpg

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, timmytree said:

Might be accidental but your dogs were not under control in a public place so technically your fault in law.

It's probably some old girls cat, best thing you could do is try and find out. It's not the best time of year for some old girl to have her cat mauled is it?

spot on mate, if it ever got to court for having a dog out of control , you pay and dog put down . dont know how old your dog is peter , suppose you could try again if you had a kitten of your own in your house, but alot people have said there dog wont kill there cat, but any other strange cat see outside . my big dog prat for cats, he kill quite few when out at  , had them on his head etc , but he still killed them  quite quick.the way i look at it, if out in the field at night  and bumped into one , and it can happen , you dont always see the bloody things,Buck ran his quarry into a wood, and found the bloody things in there coming back out. But out in the street etc, public place , you deff got keep the dogs on the lead , i had very close call  17 months ago , coming back from  my dog walk from public field , just before i got to my car, there was big old tom cat on the other side of the road, by the houses, i didnt see the cat it was by the edge by the house, Buck  i was just about to put him on the lead , well he seen the cat, and went flat out across the road after the cat, a girl seen him go and went into the road to slow the  2 cars down, which thank god she did, the cat ran up tree by the house. i thanked the girl , she was brill  lesson learned that day , plus there sombodys pet,  i keep him on a lead by public places its the only way now, do the same peter .

• Like 1

My old bitch was a pain with cats it was easier to put her in the truck and let her out away from everybody but still the old bugger got a odd one she seemed to sniff them out , accidents can happen 

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Maybe it was, who knows? Still an out of control dog in a public place. Still some old girl is probably missing her moggy, you might hate cats but have a thought for whoever it belonged to.

We have a cat lover in the house lol 

1 hour ago, timmytree said:

Not that, cats bug me sometimes but it was someones pet. It wasn't doing anything wrong. So the best thing Peter can do is put it right.

Of course if it was caught on camera he could be prosecuted and ordered to muzzle the dog in public and keep it on a lead.

And if it wasn’t on camera? Just go open a can of worms and put the dogs at risk because some owner has let the cat go shit in some one else’s garden, kill the native birds and are an irresponsible owner themselves. Pete didn’t purposely go hunting cats so the cat owner is at fault. But the dog owner gets crippled and the same cat owner gets another and does the same

• Like 2

Last week a ,,,mate found a cat in his Pigeon loft 11 dead birds and 6 wonded my mate had a silenced .410 and he shot it , no one was around and my mate thinks it was a Farm cat , how dose that stand in law can he be done ? Or protecting his stock ? ,,,,

1 minute ago, vfr400boy said:

Last week a ,,,mate found a cat in his Pigeon loft 11 dead birds and 6 wonded my mate had a silenced .410 and he shot it , no one was around and my mate thinks it was a Farm cat , how dose that stand in law can he be done ? Or protecting his stock ? ,,,,

But the cat was only being a we cutesy wootsy cat.  God forbid a dog killing something then it changes to murder that evil devil dog and ban the owner from having dogs the rest of his life

• Like 1