Question

14 minutes ago, walshie said:

I have those, pretty much word for word. Do you have a condition 5 relating to the gun itself?

I have, and others relating to different guns and uses.

20181217_214148.jpg.e9e14861a4c562d2cbcb65db44986e1b.jpg

No , I have no condition 5 . I believe FAC air you don't need land to be cleared , Police forces around the country are a bit different and FAO even in the same county say different whether fac air   land should or should not be cleared , they seem not to sing from the same hymn sheet 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, Stavross said:

That’s an open ticket, if you have the land suitable for the HMR you will put this down on your variation you will get a visit from your FEO tell them about your land and that you also get invited to shoot other peoples land so a restricted ticket would be a bit of an inconvenience, I’ve never had any problems getting anything up here all they want to know is the size of the land and an understanding of safe back stops, I’ve got a mate in Lincolnshire and they have a few problems with it been so flat down there so with the centre fires you need a lot of land

I have been told all  I need to do is to phone in and see if the land has been cleared , if it has then I can shoot on that land as long I have permission 

If you have your own permission that is suitable for a HMR and you are granted your variation, I would be surprised if your ticket came back with conditions on it, the only one I could see it having is the same as Walshie’s stating what the rifle can be used for, if you have permission on other land you will know if it’s safe to use the HMR on or the land owner will tell you if they are happy for you to do so, I have a lot of land I have permission to shoot on but I could never put it on my list of permission’s or use it for a variation, so it’s left to me to decide what is safe to use there

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 2
14 hours ago, villaman said:

No , I have no condition 5 . I believe FAC air you don't need land to be cleared , Police forces around the country are a bit different and FAO even in the same county say different whether fac air   land should or should not be cleared , they seem not to sing from the same hymn sheet 

im pretty sure we applied for the same things Mitch .22-.25 air both with mods 

mines an open ticket but there worded differently, mine docent mention mods and has an extra section!

just been on the phone to my FAO regarding a variation and he asked about land and I said the main land on my application was cleared for everything and over 500 acres, 

he said that it wouldn't affect my open ticket:thumbs:

fullsizeoutput_43f.jpeg.59c732bc5668b45d4d99cc3b990d832f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_441.jpeg.59a4bbf3b4b9f9a0c03adf8daa9feba5.jpeg

• Like 1