How much for Thailand

Me and the Mrs are heading to Thailand (Patong/Phuket) for a fortnight in March, just wondering if anyone who’s been knows how much spending money is needed ???

All hotels, transfer etc are already booked and paid for, we are self catering but would like to do some day trips, sight seeing and taste the street food as well as some nice restaurants...

I thought £1500 would be more than enough but Mrs reckons £2000...

Any hell or advice please ???

Thanks very much for the info and advice Max, really appreciated...

We are there for 14 nights, so much to see, try and do but hopefully fit everything in and then some.

Probs going to take £1500 cash/travelers cheques and we’ll have our cards as back up.

2 hours ago, zandy01 said:

Thanks very much for the info and advice Max, really appreciated...

We are there for 14 nights, so much to see, try and do but hopefully fit everything in and then some.

Probs going to take £1500 cash/travelers cheques and we’ll have our cards as back up.

Do people still do travellers cheques ?......very 80’s.....haha....Thailand is great mate, you will enjoy it from the bustle of Bangkok to the beaches.......something for everyone.....immerse yourself in it, grab a table with the locals and eat street food and watch the world pass by......great part of the world....

• Like 1
2 hours ago, stumfelter said:

Just wait till Mackem the pensioner sees this

I might actually be in Thailand either march or April,got to go to HK so either Thailand or the philippines afterwards.Street food is your friend sandy,cheaper than chips and twice as tasty,try the coconut ice-cream in the shell,avoid the red light districts,be careful on the roads if you rent a scooter,and enjoy your vacation.

2 hours ago, bell said:

Do people still do travellers cheques ?......very 80’s....

There used to be guys in Khao San who would buy travellers cheques back then for 50% of their value,report them nicked and you had them replaced,used to be a common scam,havent heard of travellers cheques in years,don't most people now use those pre-toppef up credit cards?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, mackem said:

I might actually be in Thailand either march or April,got to go to HK so either Thailand or the philippines afterwards.Street food is your friend sandy,cheaper than chips and twice as tasty,try the coconut ice-cream in the shell,avoid the red light districts,be careful on the roads if you rent a scooter,and enjoy your vacation.

There used to be guys in Khao San who would buy travellers cheques back then for 50% of their value,report them nicked and you had them replaced,used to be a common scam,havent heard of travellers cheques in years,don't most people now use those pre-toppef up credit cards?

Avoid the red light district.thats the only reason to go.

• Haha 2
22 hours ago, bell said:

Do people still do travellers cheques ?......very 80’s.....haha....Thailand is great mate, you will enjoy it from the bustle of Bangkok to the beaches.......something for everyone.....immerse yourself in it, grab a table with the locals and eat street food and watch the world pass by......great part of the world....

Up my way mate we still use carrier pigeons never mind travellers cheques ?

• Haha 1
22 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Much ye got in ye slush fund for when wife’s asleep and ye wanna go play with the lady boys zandy? That’s the important question ??

She got eyes like a hawk and a nose like a blood hound mate, there’ll be none of that going on from me mate whether they be Male/female or whatever they are, she’d chop me bollocks off anyways if I was that way inclined ?

19 hours ago, mackem said:

Mackem - how lucky must you be to be travelling and visiting such fantastic parts of the world...

So looking forward to trying vasts amount of street foods and seeing some amazing sights.. Doubt I’ll be on any scooters, Tuk Tuks all the way ?

• Like 1

Xmas shopping in Newcastle today, visited a small Thai restaurant which is always heaving with Asian people to sample some food to see what we’ve got to look forward to, proper tasty...

Beef Pad Thai and Chicken Gai Ped Mamuang ?

892BC891-9E61-44E6-8F10-F9AA899A4407.jpeg

• Like 1