12ft lb law?

Always thought the police tested them with the heaviest pellet possible to tip them over the limit . But on one permission despite phoning the police for a job number ever time i go ( required by the owner )  there the armed response attended 6 times this year they just talked to us and left  ive never had a rifle taken from me and tested , I'm thinking wouldn't it just be if you where caught doing something else like poaching and they just wanted more charges 

On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 13:45, philpot said:

Most clearly not the information I was given by my the firearms office locally so we will agree to disagree on this one but as a thought, why would the police firearms dept have a trained and qualified tester along with the equipment to do the job. Perhaps a different policy in our two areas, I simply repeat what the department advised and which I am inclined to believe.

It's all a bit out of the window as far as I am concerned as 95% of my air rifle shooting is done with a 47fpe .25 fac Impact anyway.

Phil

:hmm::hmm::hmm:

FEO's/Firearms Depts commonly know jack, and it isn't them that make the Law.

There is no consistency over vast areas of Firearms enforcement from Region to Region.

Your FEO/Region does not bring any prosecution, it is down to those allegedly qualified in this area to do the job, and they can utilise any resource their region wants, or can afford, to bring a prosecution.

The chances of problems are slim whatever, but to ensure you avoid any issue just stay within the Law.

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 3

Here's the thing lads. What if they stuck a fac  spring in your gun to make "sure" it goes over the 12ftlb? Now I'm not saying they do this but hey they could  .the law can be as corrupt as the next man

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ftm said:

Here's the thing lads. What if they stuck a fac  spring in your gun to make "sure" it goes over the 12ftlb? Now I'm not saying they do this but hey they could  .the law can be as corrupt as the next man

Well they have mucked about with PCP rifles to get a conviction in the past...

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, secretagentmole said:

Well they have mucked about with PCP rifles to get a conviction in the past...

I didn't know that mole but it's a bit of an open opportunity for then to do so .And how could you argue  with their results?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, ftm said:

Certainly possible. A squirt of easy start would be easier or WD!

• Like 1