Pure Greyhounds

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've worked a few ex-racing greyhounds. Not in a serious way that some lads do though. Never been into the numbers game or involved in serious pest control. Most of my sport has been hunting small ter

Ran the local flapping tracks. A one for the pot dog and roamed the streets like most dogs in the 70s.

I know nothing of bull crosses, but I did my own thing for years working percentages, and I had better dogs before  and since is all I can say, and in 50 years of coursing dogs I learned a lot, some p

Posted Images

As Mrs. Beeton apparently never wrote "1st catch your hare". But if you have a hare then you are already having a good day.

I am a vey good cook these days, in all modesty, but the most enjoyable game that I have eaten was prepared in what I always called the Henry VIII style. Catch it, gut it, skin/pluck it, roast it. Serve on a plate accompanied by a healthy appetite. Knife and fork optional.

31 minutes ago, eastcoast said:

As Mrs. Beeton apparently never wrote "1st catch your hare". But if you have a hare then you are already having a good day.

I am a vey good cook these days, in all modesty, but the most enjoyable game that I have eaten was prepared in what I always called the Henry VIII style. Catch it, gut it, skin/pluck it, roast it. Serve on a plate accompanied by a healthy appetite. Knife and fork optional.

Correct, originally it was "first case your hare" as in skinning etc.

Cheers, D.

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, TALKCHEAP said:

malamute x greyhound , now what else, apart from speed  could greyhounds  give , brain stamina guts tell me, i dont like the dog he's a cnut he keeps getting out,  the dog lives up  the garden with rabbits other animals and a crow with a bad wing ,there is also a 14 month old muntjac too whoes been with him since the day he was born , he's never been nasty to them and he plays with the deer , he's 10 year old 100 lb and 29 inches , that why you can't beat brain , the question is do i hunt with him.

I never been out with you but I been told your dog do ok and as long as u pleased with him that's all that matters.

i see the clip of him playing with munty u put up ,he looks a handy juck .

has the munty tried escaping ,I never kept one befor as pet but I've had fox cub that lived in old chicken shed and she fine until around 8 mts when she decided to go for a long walk.

atb

1 minute ago, Daniel cain said:

remember as a kid shooting a blackbird down the river and cooking it up on a fire with 2 grayling...fish wasn't bad....blackbird tasted like I crunched down on a glass stinkbomb??

?,....... ooh hang on, tut tut tut mr cain, shooting a blackbird!! ?. ........... yep, shot plenty of songbirds, and everything else really as a kid! ?

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Daniel cain said:

remember as a kid shooting a blackbird down the river and cooking it up on a fire with 2 grayling...fish wasn't bad....blackbird tasted like I crunched down on a glass stinkbomb??

we used to roast birds rabbits etc on fires in the wood always smelt brilliant so you cant wait to get stuck in so half raw and tastes fkn rank lol.

• Haha 3
5 hours ago, Black neck said:

Not hare that never tastes half decent whatever you do wi it 

Axe head job

Slow cooked in Guinness with veg then make pies, or cook a casserole, if it's too gamey for you soak the meat in salt water overnight before cooking, and chisel that bean juice off your chin you clampet

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

I don’t eat any of the game we get, fcuk that it all tastes like shit but some mug will take it an that pays for some decent meat like lamb beef pork or chicken ye know the stuff that actually tastes good ??

It might look decent covered in chow mein and soy sauce, but you never know what they're giving you, or how many are wanking over the wok

• Haha 1