Pure Greyhounds

6 minutes ago, Busher100 said:

No mate she was due to come over I sent deposit and the geeza sent my deposit back as he sold her to someone closer, can't blame him tho really I guess it's more convenient to sell it in your own country than send it elsewhere, I'm always browsing the greyhound data and if another one that took my fancy came up I would take it.

oh right, pointless asking for the deposit ?

• Like 1

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've worked a few ex-racing greyhounds. Not in a serious way that some lads do though. Never been into the numbers game or involved in serious pest control. Most of my sport has been hunting small ter

Ran the local flapping tracks. A one for the pot dog and roamed the streets like most dogs in the 70s.

I know nothing of bull crosses, but I did my own thing for years working percentages, and I had better dogs before  and since is all I can say, and in 50 years of coursing dogs I learned a lot, some p

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BITCH said:

Test the greyhound all you want it, dosent mean jack!! It's all still a lottery. 

Said greyhound might slaughter foxes but its been generation bred for nothing but speed not for the traits your hoping for.

So you’d prefer to bred fox dogs out of a bitch that won’t touch em?? I agree your only using the greyhound for its speed but a lot of greyhounds also have immense prey drive and killing ability there are also some that won’t kill a mouse so I know which one I’d rather a pup out of.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, BITCH said:

We had a belter of a greyhound bitch, did everything asked of her! Guess what difference it made when bred to several good dogs!!! 

She just wasn’t a producer bitch. Lots of decent bitches be it lurchers or terriers never produce anything even close to themselves and the same goes for dogs. I bought and reared mine hoping she’d kill foxes and she did, she also produced dogs that killed foxes so I can’t really say I did anything wrong. 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gilbey said:

I agree if you breed game terrier blood wether it bull or Wheaten to a greyhound that's soft you will still get some hard dogs but if you breed from a game greyhound and a gamedog in theory you should produce a litter with a bigger percentage of game dogs  which is what we are all trying to do when we breed, I'm sure there is greyhounds that were untested that produced game dogs, but I personally couldn't find it in me to breed from a complete cur whatever breed it was.

47 minutes ago, BITCH said:

We had a belter of a greyhound bitch, did everything asked of her! Guess what difference it made when bred to several good dogs!!! 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, dogmandont said:

She just wasn’t a producer bitch. Lots of decent bitches be it lurchers or terriers never produce anything even close to themselves and the same goes for dogs. I bought and reared mine hoping she’d kill foxes and she did, she also produced dogs that killed foxes so I can’t really say I did anything wrong. 

And dogs,we had a great hunting pigdog, could do it all.Was put to a few good bitches and none were a patch on him.He was an Engish mastiff/English bullterrier cross and even when put to a full pit no pups had the gameness,brains or hunt of their dad.He was from an old hunting line.

• Like 3

Some dogs are just a dead end when it comes to producing but in general a game dog bred to another game dog will give you some game dogs not all game but some. Same as cold bitches and cur dogs have produced champions in a sport far harder than our own.

• Like 2
On 13 December 2018 at 20:21, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

Just wondering what success any have had in running pure greyhounds preban?How did they handle it? Pros and cons?

Seen a few clips of them using them over the pond on coyotes and just interested if any of you guys have ran them on stuff over here?

All the best

that would be like using a road bike to go mountain biking , give it a go, then your know what i mean

• Like 5
4 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Anyone any pictures of working greyhounds past or present? Soon as this bitch gets tracking and retrieving I'll post a few days out hopefully 

I was told to go for the racing greyhounds for breeding lurcher rather than the coursing as they don’t have too heavy of a frame and less injury prone. Don’t know if there’s much truth in it but it’s worth a thought

4 hours ago, Busher100 said:

Anyone any pictures of working greyhounds past or present? Soon as this bitch gets tracking and retrieving I'll post a few days out hopefully 

I was told to go for the racing greyhounds for breeding lurcher rather than the coursing as they don’t have too heavy of a frame and less injury prone. Don’t know if there’s much truth in it but it’s worth a thought