Ferreting knife

Never liked opinels after a bit the varnish wears off the handle and the wood swells , i now just buy a wee cheap knife at the game fairs and the main thing is its to have a bright coloured plastic handle LOL your only a few minutes putting a edge on a blade 

Mad isn't it. The number of knives available  when to be honest, a simple, sharp, little kitchen utility knife is more than adequate. Personally, I have a Boker for the purpose which cost quite a bit of money but that was only when I was doing a hell of a lot, both rabbits and large stuff. If, in my opinion, you have the ability to keep a keen edge, then any little knife is good. When all's said and done, gutting a rabbit is not exactly a hard job. As you may have noticed, there are a couple of guys on here who make the most amazing creations and I would highly recommend their work. Jok.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Chaff said:

Any small knife will do opinuls keep a good edge but no 12 might be a tad Ott.?

I used same cheap lock knife for over ten yr and lost it,

Befor that the misses was always loosen her kitchen knives.so looking for a replacement that don't cost that much .

and u right a no8 be right size.

5 hours ago, TOMO said:

I use the craft knifes ...poundland 6 in a pack....

I used throw away knifes ,Stanley knifes.and the other halfs kitchen knifes over the years .

i like look of opinul knifes ,think I'm going to get no8.looks about right size for skinning ,gutting game.

And they don't cost to much,

1 hour ago, Moocher71 said:

I used same cheap lock knife for over ten yr and lost it,

Befor that the misses was always loosen her kitchen knives.so looking for a replacement that don't cost that much .

and u right a no8 be right size.

I did the same then found it in the lining of a jacket about 6 years later.

Still use it.

Cheers, D.

• Like 1