Keeping bushers fit

Foxpack 2

I used to lamp for the laugh when I had a couple of Lucas terriers,the first night we caught 3 rabbits out of 5 runs it was begginers luck,they were most successful at catching them in the hedges while the lamp was still on the rabbits,dogs loved it I think I might give it another go.

• Like 4

You’re braver man than me mate hateratting at night , used to do a few chicken sheds when was youth walk in put lights on like a moving scabby floor used th shit me self but went every couple weeks just to show face for the digging they gave us ?atb Flacko 

• Haha 2

My youngest boy loves the ratting in lamp ,doesn't mind them scarpering about round his feet ....its each to there own ,so people can keep Busher's active after work on shit nights ,some super dog men frown apon it ,but keeps them ticking over and does them no harm,I check mole traps ,fenn traps ,plus mink traps at night also with lamp n Busher's while my young boy is 2 fields away chasing rabbits .kill ,,2 birds with one stone .as I say not everyone will be keen on it but dark when I get in from work ,so either that or walking about on a lead ,? 

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, Foxpack 2 said:

My youngest boy loves the ratting in lamp ,doesn't mind them scarpering about round his feet ....its each to there own ,so people can keep Busher's active after work on shit nights ,some super dog men frown apon it ,but keeps them ticking over and does them no harm,I check mole traps ,fenn traps ,plus mink traps at night also with lamp n Busher's while my young boy is 2 fields away chasing rabbits .kill ,,2 birds with one stone .as I say not everyone will be keen on it but dark when I get in from work ,so either that or walking about on a lead ,? 

Time well spent I would say,take no notice of the super dog men lol,will your dogs mark mole hills? I had a terrier that would mark the most recently used hills,I used to set trap a yard back from mole hill she marked,it was an affective method.

• Like 3
Just now, Str said:

Time well spent I would say,take no notice of the super dog men lol,will your dogs mark mole hills? I had a terrier that would mark the most recently used hills,I used to set trap a yard back from mole hill she marked,it was an affective method.

Pup will dig at a mole trap that's got one in,

• Like 1

Just to clear the air I don't run a full pack at night chasing long ears ,I check mole traps in dark and sometimes a hare lifts and my 2 dogs are away for a stretch out ,plus our pack which is 7 strong are all owned by lads who come ,I'm only the pack leader on Sundays, well that's cleared up ?

3 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Ye still got Lucas terriers pal?

No both long gone, I’ve a similar dog now a Sealyham x Russell. You would struggle to get a decent Lucas now as most are pets which is a real shame as they are a great knock about terrier,mine did everything and more than you would normally expect a terrier to do.

115BF166-B843-4B54-9930-0D818C5A31BD.jpeg

4895B0A9-DF15-4EFC-BC4E-B667CAA2CF6B.jpeg

B303D33A-A95B-4C58-9DB7-09400679D510.jpeg

5700F46A-8397-4EEE-920A-F4917BC40C72.jpeg

B3CB438C-FA41-4A6E-9A16-359BA2A415FD.jpeg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Had ago at lamping tonight, wrong night really moonlit but it was just for a laugh,first rabbit clamped down nicely I was getting abit giddy, dogs couldn’t see until it ran, terrier was after it as fast has his little legs would carry him but dozie spaniel had been looking at me and lamp instead of were he was going so he had temporarily blinded himself  the slack twat, next rabbit I picked terrier up so he had a better view which worked he ran straight at it but it was up and away.we had another run but now we’re near, I managed to squeak a fox upto 50 yards but it wouldn’t sit still for it’s picture.dogs were good at recalling them .good night enjoyed it, I also realised tonight my deben lamp must be over 30 years old but it’s had new reflecter switches etc over the years.

258E85CC-5030-4954-8616-1D88A9317EF6.jpeg

F849D0CE-466B-41B1-92F4-69DF4A680255.jpeg

Edited by Str
  • Like 6

Bit of ratting for me tonight, all good fun ,barn was pitch black ,I had Brian, and young bitch ,farmer had 2 psychotic jack Russell's lol,ended up with bout 20 rats in an hour n half ,good fun ,but f**k me by far the freakiest hour n half lol

• Like 4