Weirdy Beairdy?

6 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Some dogs, (whatever their type ) can be a wee bit too hot...they go at the game, like a bull in a china shop.?

They sometimes need slowing down a tad,...I always school a lurcher, to show some patience...when required...?

498388351_photo44-Maddiecomingintothenet.jpg.c6e5d92ca292018f961c3cacb13003e0.jpg

That an old pic of maddie phil?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

? We had several beardie coated pups, out of our Border sheepdogs and Cattle Dogs,...I think folk sometimes forget the salient word with this particular canine,..it is a Collie...? Herding dogs n

My current boy, don't no feck all about his breeding free to a good home, but I get told almost weekly by every dog expert I meet he,s a beardie cross just before they pull his ear back to tell me he

I've ran Beardies crossed for some time, dam an daughter, not DH. I don't recognize the majority of comments about them posted here. They were rabbit bitches but never had an issue with "accidents" an

Posted Images

1 minute ago, fatlad said:

No never stalked anything on the lamp run straight down the side of the beam really nice dog to own was just bred collie grey to collie grey no idea of the percentage just worker to worker bred 

See, my experiences with collie x's have been the same. Every lurcher, as opposed to longdog, that I've owned never did either, at least I can't remember it. I've seen a few doing it over the years, but none of them were straight collie x's ?

I've seen a couple do it one was from Richard Jones but it wasn't a irritating stalk if that makes sense she caught some big hauls day and night but I wouldn't of kept the other he wanted to stalk right up to the rabbits the bitch took everything and never stopped at hedges

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, dytkos said:

My border/Beardie  cross grey (out of Hancock's/Plummers  Ricard Jones) didn't stalk but my 1/4 border 3/4 grey (Hancock again out of Storming Norman) did.

Cheers, D.

Edited to say daytime only lol

Cheers, D.

I've ran Beardies crossed for some time, dam an daughter, not DH. I don't recognize the majority of comments about them posted here. They were rabbit bitches but never had an issue with "accidents" and always just got in with the job in hand. DBP comments about weirdies affected opinions and DH continually breeding from untried stock with OBVIOUS temperment issues have effectively f****d this cross.

They are a good thing particularly on heather but need loads of mental stimulation as they're high drive things, the huffy,  stalking , aggressive blah blah I simply have never seen. My bitch is 9 and I've had to go back to border cross as I just couldn't find a genuine line. They have a coat which can be a bit of a pain, skin like a rhino, titanium feet, stupid loyal and mad drive to match a tremendous nose, they're problem solvers and independent thinkers. A good one is a proper thing but there has been too much commercial shite bred, unfortunately they appear to be the only people breeding them. 

They are no better than any other sheepdog cross.

FB_IMG_1449251165749.jpg

• Like 7