Air arms pro sport any good ?

19 hours ago, mark williams said:

Absolutely superb rifles.

Once you have learned their ways it`s hard to miss.

267481585_IMG_1058(1).JPG.3ce9debd8af6a67348ea7df9b91cfcc3.JPG

atb  Mark.

What did you do, hit them over the head with it Mark? ?

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Chaff. It was Ken Turner who designed and developed the Pro Sport.

I have a lovely Pro Sport in .22.

I had to reshape the butt cheekrest and grip of the stock as I'm left handed. The only thing wrong with the Pro Sport is Air Arms bizarre refusal to make a dedicated left-handed version in production. That's the only negative I can speak of it. 

But, the Mannelli walnut stock is easy to sand and shape with a bit of careful work and can be turned into a really comfortable handle for a left-handed shooter like me.

Other than that, it is possibly the finest underlever spring piston air rifle on the planet. And that includes these Walther LGV series rifles that are stunningly accurate springers. But it really depends on how well you can shoot with a spring rifle. If you have the skill, the right pellet and a scope to match it all, the Pro Sport, in any caliber, will not leave you wanting. 

Mine zeros genuine single-hole pellet groups at 27 yards with Air Arms Field and JSB  Heavies .22/5.52 mm pellets. It's got perfect heft for stability and it's beautiful in handling balance.

Gold plated trigger is really lovely and adjusts to precisely where you want your let-off point to be.

Stunning accuracy, lovely balance, fantastic trigger and beautiful, classical hunting rifle looks.

What more can you ask for..... Except a left-handed version option?!

ATB

Simon

• Like 1
On 23/12/2018 at 12:53, pianoman said:

Chaff. It was Ken Turner who designed and developed the Pro Sport.

I have a lovely Pro Sport in .22.

I had to reshape the butt cheekrest and grip of the stock as I'm left handed. The only thing wrong with the Pro Sport is Air Arms bizarre refusal to make a dedicated left-handed version in production. That's the only negative I can speak of it. 

But, the Mannelli walnut stock is easy to sand and shape with a bit of careful work and can be turned into a really comfortable handle for a left-handed shooter like me.

Other than that, it is possibly the finest underlever spring piston air rifle on the planet. And that includes these Walther LGV series rifles that are stunningly accurate springers. But it really depends on how well you can shoot with a spring rifle. If you have the skill, the right pellet and a scope to match it all, the Pro Sport, in any caliber, will not leave you wanting. 

Mine zeros genuine single-hole pellet groups at 27 yards with Air Arms Field and JSB  Heavies .22/5.52 mm pellets. It's got perfect heft for stability and it's beautiful in handling balance.

Gold plated trigger is really lovely and adjusts to precisely where you want your let-off point to be.

Stunning accuracy, lovely balance, fantastic trigger and beautiful, classical hunting rifle looks.

What more can you ask for..... Except a left-handed version option?!

ATB

Simon

Hi RD,

Simon, ( Pianoman ) is a very knowledgeable person, to say the least, with spring powered rifles.  :good:

Santa brought me some targets, etc for Christmas and the first gun i wanted to test was the Pro Sport .177, walnut.

Forgive me re-posting this picture lads.

RD, Simon sings the praises of the accuracy this spring rifle is capable of - 

IMG_1245.JPG.c731ad94e8339953ee41911b3530c239.JPG

My original zero was 2 clicks too high,- shot between the squirrels ears twice, i re-set, shot for the eye and got it.

The next 9 shots are behind the eye, brain shot.

Look at the size of these very taxing targets to the size of the turret cap on the Mamba scope.

Shot at 38 yds zero .

atb  Mark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1