I am getting old....

As my fifth decade looms less than 3 months away I have decided that my brain is turning to mush. I put my hunting stuff away, now I cannot find my bloody rangefinder. I have torn the house, shed, garage apart, can I find it? Can I buggery.

I have used a bit of string (30 metres of Corlene) to set up the rifle scopes before I went all musical on them and got the Discovery, so I wanted to get another rangefinder. Problem is Mole is a tightwad. The ones on ebay started at about £70, plus postage, so I scanned the free ads again. On Gumtree I espied something the side of a miner's lunchbox, but the strap intrigued me, for it had Bushnell on it!

oIDxVOqRPUmlkrCm1e3Dbpzo8omBAr_rnkw11dM1

Rather like that. Well I had a browse round and found it was indeed a laser range finder made by Bushnell, the seller was near where we got the scope from so we did a double hit, so to speak. Pitched up and the seller showed that the rangefinder was working, at distances I guessed were approximately those shown by the display too, a few quid were handed over, about half the price of a new no name rangefinder from the Kaolin Road emporiums on ebay. 

Got it home and managed to download instructions, woo hoo!!!

Further examination showed this is a classic as far as rangefinders go, like 2003 classic...

XEy_5om0oa7paQU2yqx9wUhokGUCntt_5f4zhYyd

It is also made in Japan so has the latest 15 year old technology and optics. Saying that the eyepiece has a doozy little built in eyecup, as evidenced above. It is also powered by a humble 9 volt battery that lives behind a screwed in panel...

AkqtrD-e4FkEkCLng-OrSIWrbVStXwlPUHxMuEHT

So batteries are easy to buy and pretty cheap too! Add to that the nifty 2 part case...

6qbmFrbQy10BB3sUdQYp1P702EJHKEHxKgPdASf-

When I find my Longridge it will probably go up for sale, but I might keep it as a spare too. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Anybody know where I left my bloody rangefinder?

3 hours ago, stealthy1 said:

Yes, you are getting old.  I'm nudging my 6th decade.  Can't see the pix? 

Not that far behind you my self  But still go out off road biking 3 times a week , out either Friday or Saturday night on the piss  

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, villaman said:

Not that far behind you my self  But still go out off road biking 3 times a week , out either Friday or Saturday night on the piss  

Fitness is the key, you don't see many skinny people on invalid scooters. ?

• Haha 3
11 hours ago, secretagentmole said:

As my fifth decade looms less than 3 months away I have decided that my brain is turning to mush. I put my hunting stuff away, now I cannot find my bloody rangefinder. I have torn the house, shed, garage apart, can I find it? Can I buggery.

I have used a bit of string (30 metres of Corlene) to set up the rifle scopes before I went all musical on them and got the Discovery, so I wanted to get another rangefinder. Problem is Mole is a tightwad. The ones on ebay started at about £70, plus postage, so I scanned the free ads again. On Gumtree I espied something the side of a miner's lunchbox, but the strap intrigued me, for it had Bushnell on it!

oIDxVOqRPUmlkrCm1e3Dbpzo8omBAr_rnkw11dM1

Rather like that. Well I had a browse round and found it was indeed a laser range finder made by Bushnell, the seller was near where we got the scope from so we did a double hit, so to speak. Pitched up and the seller showed that the rangefinder was working, at distances I guessed were approximately those shown by the display too, a few quid were handed over, about half the price of a new no name rangefinder from the Kaolin Road emporiums on ebay. 

Got it home and managed to download instructions, woo hoo!!!

Further examination showed this is a classic as far as rangefinders go, like 2003 classic...

XEy_5om0oa7paQU2yqx9wUhokGUCntt_5f4zhYyd

It is also made in Japan so has the latest 15 year old technology and optics. Saying that the eyepiece has a doozy little built in eyecup, as evidenced above. It is also powered by a humble 9 volt battery that lives behind a screwed in panel...

AkqtrD-e4FkEkCLng-OrSIWrbVStXwlPUHxMuEHT

So batteries are easy to buy and pretty cheap too! Add to that the nifty 2 part case...

6qbmFrbQy10BB3sUdQYp1P702EJHKEHxKgPdASf-

When I find my Longridge it will probably go up for sale, but I might keep it as a spare too. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Anybody know where I left my bloody rangefinder?

I don’t no where your range finder is but nice to see you on here again bud I did message you a few weeks ago but no joy with that unless you eyesight gone as well lol 

• Haha 1
59 minutes ago, falcongit said:

I don’t no where your range finder is but nice to see you on here again bud I did message you a few weeks ago but no joy with that unless you eyesight gone as well lol 

never got any messages mate! Sigh, if it was text I think I changed me number....

Hey up Stranger, you are still a bit of a kid in my eyes as chase my 7th decade. However I still feel 30 in my head but 90 when I get out of bed.

Still we only live once so make the most of it and don't be tight, get a decent rangefinder bought.

Phil

4 hours ago, falcongit said:

Never mind bud, how’s things with you anyway, hope alls well your end mate 

Things are good, Mary has been put on insulin and seems to be getting a lot better.

8 minutes ago, philpot said:

Hey up Stranger, you are still a bit of a kid in my eyes as chase my 7th decade. However I still feel 30 in my head but 90 when I get out of bed.

Still we only live once so make the most of it and don't be tight, get a decent rangefinder bought.

Phil

It is a decent rangefinder, Japanese optics! Accurate too. I don't want to spend a lot because the moment I do, my other bloody rangefinder will turn up!

• Like 1