After a young dog

Yeh i asked if any one would tske me out when i first got the little jack i got a few sarcy replies as usual and that was that 2 years later the dog ent turned out half bad tbf beens as she was a rescue dog and shes a little tall and wide but its all a learning curve when i dont know any one really  in the terrier game im not rushing into any thing i was asking of any one knew of any thing decent.....dogs for life might as well have a good one 

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've a young unspoilt bitch here you can have pal.....save yourself a few grand having one sent over....they all terrier gods on here ,some can even guide the quarry to ground with a selective shot ab

Good old boy DC and don't feck the dog or the man over Mr r3d ?,if it don't work out for you it goes back is the unwritten rule all gifted terriers come with to US ALL mate.The very best of luck with

black bitch,had rats,been tied up and had a listen,just not had anywhere easy to start her off.lives out,quiet and bombproof with other dogs.ive been given the chance and sorted out over the years....

Posted Images

25 minutes ago, Rabbit Hunter said:

No offence to the OP but he initially asked for a patterdale x russell, so I'm guessing it's for a bit of bushing etc? So why would lads that keep and breed digging terriers just give one to a stranger that won't get worked how it was intended to do? ABC you seem too quick to judge people.

I'm not judging anybody RH,  I'm just saying there's a lot of folks on here from his country that claim to gift dog's. Someone could easily go pay a visit to this man and see what he is all about that's all,  and instead we hear excuses to why nobody will gift him one or anyone else I've seen on this board over the years . To me that's a sad excuse.  And sorry there are some good hunters out there that really suck as dog men also.  I've seen more then my share of that! Before anyone starts cullin people so easily maybe they should go through there cullin process a little better and a take a few steps back and see were yourself started in the dog's. Might just be the same situation as you were once in.  Trust me if this guy wants me to send him a good dog I'm gonna ask him for a couple things so I get an idea about were my dog would he going to.  But Im a man of my word and I will send him a good one.  And him working it and telling folks it was gifted from a yank means more to me then anything else

6 minutes ago, Mr r3d said:

Yeh i asked if any one would tske me out when i first got the little jack i got a few sarcy replies as usual and that was that 2 years later the dog ent turned out half bad tbf beens as she was a rescue dog and shes a little tall and wide but its all a learning curve when i dont know any one really  in the terrier game im not rushing into any thing i was asking of any one knew of any thing decent.....dogs for life might as well have a good one 

Yeah buddy and it shouldn't be like that.  If someone asked me or my friends if they could come and enjoy the day out with us we would tell them sure if we thought you could be good people.  That's how you keep folks active and learning.  This is a dying sport everywhere and if we don't keep folks interested it will end up dead.  Bad enough we have to fight the antis but each other also in the process is bullshit! 

2 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Katchum,  not disagreeing with you at all. And I had a littler that i kept so I'm sure I may have what he is Looking for that's all.  And I don't want to here everyone's excuse of why they won't help someone because that's all I hear on this board is excuses.  If your worried about what type of guy this is then go meet him and  take him out for the day and see how he is for yourselves. Not a hard thing to do.  But not as easy as making excuses either I guess!  What will  be funny is this yank sends him a dog and he starts posting pics of his hunts and the dog I send him doing his business.  That's gonna be priceless hearing all of yalls shit then?  I haven't talked to him one on one yet but I'm sure we will.  I have good dog's and I wouldn't send one that's a craper. 

Will it be priceless if the dog does not do the business??

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Yes I do think something of my dog's others I wouldn't have them nor embarrass myself sending one across the pond. This man takes me up onoffer I will be sending him a good one that's for sure. Unlike a lot of you in here I'm not about the dollar thats not why I have these dog's. And it's a shame when your own country men can't help each other out.  There's so many of you that gift dog's but couldn't go meet this guy to see if you could him?  Says a lot about you guy's. Everyone deserves a chance till proven otherwise.  The best dog man I know is the brokers dog man I know.  But his dog's are in great health and he would give his only jacket he had to you to keep you warm.  To me that's a priceless guy and friend! 

That's the thing tho abc, you have sometimes got to understand before shouting like a mad man and read between the lies... there are quite a few men on here who live breath and sleep terrier work, work them 3 days a week every week during the season doing it many many years and have seen terrier work and sometimes the type of folk who do it change a lot over them years.. things aint always just black and white I have busted soil with many many men over the years and I could count on my 2 hands without the thumbs who id give dogs to...

Working terriers correctly is a discipline that sadly many simply just dont have... some start out with the best intentions pick the game up quick and look to be naturals only for the first hiccup and the towels thrown in or there back tracking permission without permission and back stabbing and causing just general havoc... I bet there are men reading this right now who have been out on the spoon all day getting results and keeping quiet.. what have your terriers done today?

Also the lad posts a couple of pics of dubious looking Staffordshire bull supposed terriers with  his dad and his dads mates etc breeding these but him not knowing anything really of there background... there men on these forums with better breeding and more successful lines than you men get your pantys in a twist over ffs.. you think there going to give it away to ANYONE...  wise up.

Why you think the other genuine terrier men dont even post anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, stop.end said:

That's the thing tho abc, you have sometimes got to understand before shouting like a mad man and read between the lies... there are quite a few men on here who live breath and sleep terrier work, work them 3 days a week every week during the season doing it many many years and have seen terrier work and sometimes the type of folk who do it change a lot over them years.. things aint always just black and white I have busted soil with many many men over the years and I could count on my 2 hands without the thumbs who id give dogs to...

Working terriers correctly is a discipline that sadly many simply just dont have... some start out with the best intentions pick the game up quick and look to be naturals only for the first hiccup and the towels thrown in or there back tracking permission without permission and back stabbing and causing just general havoc... I bet there are men reading this right now who have been out on the spoon all day getting results and keeping quiet.. what have your terriers done today?

Also the lad posts a couple of pics of dubious looking Staffordshire bull supposed terriers with  his dad and his dads mates etc breeding these but him not knowing anything really of there background... there men on these forums with better breeding and more successful lines than you men get your pantys in a twist over ffs.. you think there going to give it away to ANYONE...  wise up.

not seen your mate N.Cooney on for a while stopend......

6 minutes ago, stop.end said:

What how my staffys are bred got to do with any thing there just pet dogs there good with my daughter and they like to come out for a run with the little dog my dads mate did breed one and my mate bred the other im not on here saying i got a psycho line dog or a dublin red dog cause i ent i got 2 family dogs im glad there not dog aggressive what good would that be to me? And there are men with better dogs not doubting that for a second but as i dont know any one with any thing decent at the moment asking on a hunting forum in the terrier section whos got a working dog going didnt seem the worst shout......my bad 

47 minutes ago, liamdelaney said:

Will it be priceless if the dog does not do the business??

You just like to start shit don't you? No I wouldn't be happy. You don't worry about him nor what I send him.  I'm gonna send him a nice dog don't worry.  And I take that back a nice bitch that is! That's close to a year old.  

1 minute ago, Mr r3d said:

What how my staffys are bred got to do with any thing there just pet dogs there good with my daughter and they like to come out for a run with the little dog my dads mate did breed one and my mate bred the other im not on here saying i got a psycho line dog or a dublin red dog cause i ent i got 2 family dogs im glad there not dog aggressive what good would that be to me? And there are men with better dogs not doubting that for a second but as i dont know any one with any thing decent at the moment asking on a hunting forum in the terrier section whos got a working dog going didnt seem the worst shout......my bad 

Lol..first off your too fcuking sensitive to be a terrier man ... my post was more inclined to abc so chill petal... goodnight.

Im not sensitive mate i you the one who mentioned it i was just saying whats it got to do with any thing u want to see a picture i took today its a squirell sharing my lunch at work does that make me unworthy of being a terrier man aswell lol

20181210_101940.jpg

14 minutes ago, stop.end said:

Why you think the other genuine terrier men dont even post anymore.-----+-/ I completely understand what your saying. I'm not implying that everyone should offer him something but come on,  there's a lot of folks on here running there mouths about gifting dogs but you never see anyone throwing one to someone. It's a rare thing that's for sure. Everybody starts out on the bottom.  I know this a very well known old timer trusted me with a great dog the dog and the old time taught me a lot and if it wasn't for him I may not of had such the opportunity to have meet one of the best dog men and had a great dog.  Everyone starts somewhere. But you guys are right he could be a shit head with all we know.  But you guys can go check him out. I have to ask him for a few things first.