A New Scope Discovery!

8 hours ago, The one said:

I don't see why anybody would pay dear for a scope with a 10 year warranty , as technology is advancing so fast there's going to be better cheaper scopes out there ever few years ?.

£140 for a side focus, ir, 3-12 x 44 with flip up caps, side wheel and mounts is not dear... My Hawke Nite Eye has to be knocking on the door of a decade old and that was over £200 when we bought it!

A base Airmax is £140, thats without mounts, side focus, adjustable optics, IR, side wheel, x12 magnification, 44mm objective, flip up endcaps....

Edited by secretagentmole

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Wanted a new scope with IR, did not want to pay Hawke prices. I wanted a 10 year warranty. I paid £140, what did I buy? A Discovery VT-R2. What reticle? Half Mil Dot, true at X10, etched glass. Illumi

Going to chase a couple of other paddock owners, see how their populations are. But rabbit numbers have really been hit round here. It isn't mixy, no bodies anywhere.

Cant see no pics

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, philpot said:

A side focus Airmax is as near as possible twice the price of your scope matey so value for money looks perfect if the image quality is there.

Phil

Showed it to an RFD who is not a million miles away, he looked through the scope and said that it outperformed glass that he has seen recently that cost three times as much. He is now chatting to the importer and is looking at carrying at least 2 of the scopes, a cheap one (VT-R) and a more expensive one. Can't get much more of an endorsement than that really. 

• Like 1

Theres 2 of us squirrelling on our local shoot and he still uses chinese army Vulcan scopes ,swears by them when they do come up for sale only 60 quidish second hand and there not bad at all imho.But as Mole says 140 quid for all that whats not to like and if more shops start selling maybe the price will drop as volumes shift look forward to them appearing her in rural ruralshire soon

I really like this one but I doubt that I could get the Nitesite unit on as well as the scope mount unless I can find a single strap picatinny mount. Just looking through the range and annoyingly I was down in Suffolk yesterday picking up a couple of shotguns, only 40mins from Bury St Edmunds, bugger, I could have taken the longer route home and called in to look first hand at these scopes.

https://discoveryoptics.co.uk/vt-3-compact/

Phil

On 13/12/2018 at 10:18, secretagentmole said:

Going to chase a couple of other paddock owners, see how their populations are. But rabbit numbers have really been hit round here. It isn't mixy, no bodies anywhere.

I was on about this to another member on THL the other day, about not finding bones or skins, and no dead under ground while digging to the ferrets, it's a strange one.

2 hours ago, philpot said:

Push / pull turrets according to the info on that scope I posted the link.

Phil 

Yes, cheers, I have seen that description before on turrets you need to undo with an Allen key then pull up/adjust, push down to lock then screw up the Allen key again.

Can't be doing with that, that isn't proper pull/push turret!

Edited by Deker
On ‎13‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 19:41, philpot said:

I really like this one but I doubt that I could get the Nitesite unit on as well as the scope mount unless I can find a single strap picatinny mount. Just looking through the range and annoyingly I was down in Suffolk yesterday picking up a couple of shotguns, only 40mins from Bury St Edmunds, bugger, I could have taken the longer route home and called in to look first hand at these scopes.

https://discoveryoptics.co.uk/vt-3-compact/

Phil

That is the one my mate has Phil  and I will be buying  one as well 

Excellent  scope foe the Pard addon but I don't think your type will fit on it

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, pav said:

My local rfd just took stock of a few had a look through them yesterday very clear optics unfortunately they never got the compact ffp which I was after but getting some more early January 

They are nice mate