Hail Satan?

In what's considered a bold move a display from The Satanic Temple - Chicago has been allowed a place in the Illinois rotunda. It will join the nativity scene to celebrate Christmas and the menorah to mark Hanukkah.

The display has been installed with private funding and the sculpture named "Knowledge is the Greatest Gift" and depicts the extended forearm of a young woman holding an apple. A snake is coiled around the arm.

"Lex Manticore of Chicago, a leader and spokesman for the group, said the arm represents that of Eve in the Biblical story of the Garden of Eden, where Adam and Eve eat the forbidden fruit from the tree of knowledge.

“We see Satan as a hero in that story, of course, spreading knowledge,” Manticore said."

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm so ready for this..... I went to the natural history museum last week! 

That's THL fishing competition except it's just fellas 

Can see another god thread about to rear it's divine head again.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

Was shown this by a Christian mate on fb other day? madness ? but apparently they can’t refuse them so it’s the sender you have to question but what’s point we already the cnuts a weirdo so can’t wxpent sense out there ??

:laugh:

The guy they interviewed is called Lex Manticore. If that's not the name of the new Bond villain I'm not watching another one! :laugh:

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

Satanists must believe it if they belive in the fallen angel ?

Yeah but they're the lesser of the 2 evils mate ?, we get the jahovahs knock the door every now and then...they're an exciting bunch

1 minute ago, W. Katchum said:

I wish I could find the pic on fb to show ye, some the comments were worthy of bein on here??? had everything from full blown satanistsnto extreme Christians arguing on it ffs???

:laugh:

It's pretty funny what they're up to as they have recently filed this copyright lawsuit against Netflix.

Always reminds me of this classic...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, dave88 said:

I'd rather have a few beers with some Satanists than a cup of tea with some bible bashing freaks...all religion is a crock of shit...the bible should be up there with 'Grimms fairy tales'

Ah cmon now dave, freaks?

You must be real smart an full of knowledge to know the bibles a fairytale, well done mate.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Francie said:

You must be real smart an full of knowledge to know the bibles a fairytale, well done mate.

I knew you'd bite ? I'll retract freaks but I'm sticking by the rest of my comment lol, its all just my opinion mate... and I've never claimed to be 'full of knowledge'....but I must be smart enough as I don't lead my life according to what a book tells me to do ?

Edited by dave88
9 hours ago, Francie said:

Does it take a smart man to know it's not a fairytale Francie? Or, just somebody with a different opinion ? ?

• Like 1