Bull whippet

2 minutes ago, darencross said:

That’s a nice stamp of dog mate is it a 5/8 3/8 and what’s it like . Work and temperament 

This one is 3/4 whippet. The dog is keen as anything. Won’t shy away from any game. I would say with this dog I would of preferred the head on something with abit of grey in the body. I say this because it’s not quite got the speed over any sort of distance which is restrictive. Excellent as part of a pack though probably wouldn’t be my first choice if I was just having the one Lurcher. Probably would prefer the bull to be more diluted to give it more speed and agility. I know each dogs different and there will be others with the same genetic ratio that will be excellent. This one just lacked in agility and speed for me. Good terrier mans dog. Strong, powerful, fearless. Coursing anything in the open and you start to see it’s limits. All depends what work your into. This one was definitely not a rabbit dog. Very “hard mouthed”.  Temperament wise a good dog. Wasn’t really dog aggressive and was good with people. Didn’t have to worry about having it off lead. Like any bull x just be careful with sleeping arrangements. Any fall outs can end up messy.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

I would have thought at least 1/2  bull looking at him.That bull blood shines through when crossed.Nice looking animal and well cared for.Would be good on pigs here.

yeh prob better at them pigs, than 2lb  rabbit  lol, i like pitxs ,  and suppose prob whippetx grey nice say 24in bitch back to a 1x pit x grey you get better alrounder for most stuff . as they say looks dont kill, it got to catch the stuff 1st ,my big1xgsd x greydog  dont even look like a lurcher lol  but catches plenty of stuff ,  nice looking young dog  mate.

1 minute ago, bird said:

yeh prob better at them pigs, than 2lb  rabbit  lol, i like pitxs ,  and suppose prob whippetx grey nice say 24in bitch back to a 1x pit x grey you get better alrounder for most stuff . as they say looks dont kill, it got to catch the stuff 1st ,my big1xgsd x greydog  dont even look like a lurcher lol  but catches plenty of stuff ,  nice looking young dog  mate.

That’s it mate. Just missing that bit which would of made it a good dog. Better around holes and doubled up this one really. 

3 hours ago, Who let the dogs out! said:

This one is 3/4 whippet. The dog is keen as anything. Won’t shy away from any game. I would say with this dog I would of preferred the head on something with abit of grey in the body. I say this because it’s not quite got the speed over any sort of distance which is restrictive. Excellent as part of a pack though probably wouldn’t be my first choice if I was just having the one Lurcher. Probably would prefer the bull to be more diluted to give it more speed and agility. I know each dogs different and there will be others with the same genetic ratio that will be excellent. This one just lacked in agility and speed for me. Good terrier mans dog. Strong, powerful, fearless. Coursing anything in the open and you start to see it’s limits. All depends what work your into. This one was definitely not a rabbit dog. Very “hard mouthed”.  Temperament wise a good dog. Wasn’t really dog aggressive and was good with people. Didn’t have to worry about having it off lead. Like any bull x just be careful with sleeping arrangements. Any fall outs can end up messy.

It’s mainly for the terrier work . To catch the 1s that bolt and abit of lamping that I’m interested in getting 1 for . Thank u for the pics and info mate

9 hours ago, bird said:

my big1xgsd x greydog  dont even look like a lurcher lol  but catches plenty of stuff

Because he has the drive,same with the bull blooded dogs,no use having the legs and speed and not really wanting the game.For small game though the whippet and their crosses with other sighthounds have enough drive for me and never lack pace.