doing building at a lovely couples house. they moved there over the summer and a river runs right by it. we worked for the couple who lived there previous and the guy was adamant there was no mink. 

the new owner told me hed seen a black ferret 50 metres from his chickens. i told him it was a mink and looking around we found tracks by the wood shed . i went up that night and set 5 live traps around baited with makrel chunks. that was 9 days ago. 

me and my boss were plasterboarding today and the client came in with the mink in a trap and his lab behind. the lab had a sniff of the cage and the mink made its screetch and stank the house out 

went bk after work to shoot it . the guy put £20 in my hand. very generous of him even tho id have done it for free

the mink is just shy of 2ft to tail. going to skin it tnight, hoping to not catch the scent sack

@EDDIE B

IMG-20181207-WA0020.jpg

20181207_180542.jpg

20181207_180539.jpg

• Like 9

18 minutes ago, Welsh_red said:

doing building at a lovely couples house. they moved there over the summer and a river runs right by it. we worked for the couple who lived there previous and the guy was adamant there was no mink. 

the new owner told me hed seen a black ferret 50 metres from his chickens. i told him it was a mink and looking around we found tracks by the wood shed . i went up that night and set 5 live traps around baited with makrel chunks. that was 9 days ago. 

me and my boss were plasterboarding today and the client came in with the mink in a trap and his lab behind. the lab had a sniff of the cage and the mink made its screetch and stank the house out 

went bk after work to shoot it . the guy put £20 in my hand. very generous of him even tho id have done it for free

the mink is just shy of 2ft to tail. going to skin it tnight, hoping to not catch the scent sack

@EDDIE B

IMG-20181207-WA0020.jpg

20181207_180542.jpg

20181207_180539.jpg

Good result, mate.

That’s a good one mate......my old dear lives on a west coast island, no foxes or stoats but the odd mink, otter and badger...today she went out to her chucks, all in  a pen as usual and one gone completely, one dead with no head and one still alive.

the wire fence is probably 4\5 foot tall.....what killed took the chicken...I’m thinking mink....sea is quarter of a mile away so maybe otter but I’m thinking mink,..

I had a call from one of my contract just over a month ago over a mink. First one for me. This mink was entering a flour mill and traveling to the third floor of the building and taking Feral pigeons. To be honest  It was helping me to control them from a area I was struggling to get access to and there hasn’t been any rat issues. Ha. But it was shitting every where around the building and the smell was eye watering. I caught it in a live trap using sardines. 

FDADA70C-29AD-4F9C-9D1E-5469DE9B14A4.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, CO CHISE said:

I had a call from one of my contract just over a month ago over a mink. First one for me. This mink was entering a flour mill and traveling to the third floor of the building and taking Feral pigeons. To be honest  It was helping me to control them from a area I was struggling to get access to and there hasn’t been any rat issues. Ha. But it was shitting every where around the building and the smell was eye watering. I caught it in a live trap using sardines. 

FDADA70C-29AD-4F9C-9D1E-5469DE9B14A4.jpeg

i can only imagine what the smell was like in a mink farm. it must have been rancid

• Like 1
14 hours ago, The one said:

Nice too see you try and use the pelt and skull 

not sure what to do with the pelt yet. ive got a rabbit and squirrel already.

i have a idea in my mind tho. i want to make little circular pieces of the pelt about 3-4 inch diametar and have them taught by fishing line to a outside rim of wood 

main.jpg

like that but small and only a small portion of fur and a lot more "perfect" looking and have them dotted round the house. just a idea at the moment. havnt thougt any more than that