School foxes....

I seem to get a fair bit of work at schools, this was last night, one of the problems of a lot of schools is the surrounding areas, commonly housing estates, so safe shots are at a premium, rimfires, and particularly the HMR often work well!

4 yesterday but there could have been 8 or more, safe shots are all important so several were refused.

3 together and another just as I was about to leave!109a.jpg.ae4940d9e8685cd678d418c812281722.jpg082.jpg.b708399ee6dfb4b72f03b257d3f99591.jpg

Client (a Facilities company, whatever happened to school caretakers?) is well happy and want me to try for the rest.  On that subject, this was a Central London school, they have 2 security guards patrolling at night as well...there is something wrong with society these days!

Edited by Deker
  • Like 12

Good result already deker. With all the gates and high fences, most schools look more like prisons these days. Is society so dangerous that all the kids need to be fenced in to keep them safe? It’s a sorry state these days it seems☹️. Sad that I has to be like this..

• Like 2
Just now, Rimfireboy! said:

Good result already deker. With all the gates and high fences, most schools look more like prisons these days. Is society so dangerous that all the kids need to be fenced in to keep them safe? It’s a sorry state these days it seems☹️. Sad that I has to be like this..

This school is double fenced...unreal …... it IS like a prison camp!    The result is the gap gets overgrown and the fox love it!  I much prefer to survey first but Google Earth does help, especially when its nearly 70 miles each way.  I got seriously screwed on the way back last night as the Tate Street underpass was closed on the A 406 so the congestion was epic, even at 02.00 as was I coming home.

And there are many here that envy those of us who do this for a living!  :laugh::thumbs:

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, Deker said:

This school is double fenced...unreal …... it IS like a prison camp!    The result is the gap gets overgrown and the fox love it!  I much prefer to survey first but Google Earth does help, especially when its nearly 70 miles each way.  I got seriously screwed on the way back last night as the Tate Street underpass was closed on the A 406 so the congestion was epic, even at 02.00 as was I coming home.

And there are many here that envy those of us who do this for a living!  :laugh::thumbs:

No doubt about it deker, it's hard work and frustrating too sometimes!

I’ve found the .25 fac air rifle at around 50 ft lbs works well.

only recently bought one. All these years I’ve been missing out !.

shoot a fox in the head at a sensible appropriate distance and it won’t get back up.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dixyhmr said:

I’ve found the .25 fac air rifle at around 50 ft lbs works well.

only recently bought one. All these years I’ve been missing out !.

shoot a fox in the head at a sensible appropriate distance and it won’t get back up.

Always fancied a 357 or 9mm airgun.

10 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Unfortunately this is snowflake Britain. All schools in my city now have these high fences and locked gates - paranoia about paedophiles and abductions more than anything else. When was the last time you heard of a paedophile kidnapping? Last one I remember was in Wales a few years ago and it was the kids relative (uncle?). Honestly, we have something like 10 million children in this country, go probably 5-10 yrs between these abductions / murders, and parents won't let children walk to school and schools are as you say like prison camps. 

Only real surprise here is that some do-gooder didn't report you as a maniac with a gun in the school grounds or some murderer running around illegally shooting poor defenceless animals.. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Alsone said:

Unfortunately this is snowflake Britain. All schools in my city now have these high fences and locked gates - paranoia about paedophiles and abductions more than anything else. When was the last time you heard of a paedophile kidnapping? Last one I remember was in Wales a few years ago and it was the kids relative (uncle?). Honestly, we have something like 10 million children in this country, go probably 5-10 yrs between these abductions / murders, and parents won't let children walk to school and schools are as you say like prison camps. 

Only real surprise here is that some do-gooder didn't report you as a maniac with a gun in the school grounds or some murderer running around illegally shooting poor defenceless animals.. 

I do my best in these situations to stay as inconspicuous as possible, but this was a prime example of why I also advise the police, the Met in this case, of my actions for the night and get a reference from them, I don't want an Armed Response Team turning up!

• Like 3
20 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

This day and age I thought it was to keep them in and protect us ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
8 hours ago, Gav said:

This day and age I thought it was to keep them in and protect us ?

Keep the knives in school. ? or prevent the 3pm snowstorm. ?

Only in Britain could it snow @ 9am and 3pm every school day even in summer!

On 07/12/2018 at 19:34, Underdog said:

In all honesty, the world is on a knife edge of anarchy!

U.

2 Minutes from mad max ,chaos ,riots,famine and politicians who dont give a flying fish if there,s no money in it for THEM.Minimum policing ,no mental health provision and a mortal fear of actually jailing scum .

It isnt the world i went to school in, that went west a long time ago

Good result as per Deker,s a shame you have to commute London to get there and back 

• Like 3