Not into boxing... but respect to this little lady.

My mate trains the local club and says a lot of young fellas are getting disheartened and leaving the clubs from boxing in tournaments without winning medals while the girls pick them up easy enough because lack of numbers and competition if they are commited. It's embarrassing for them going home with nothing when their sister has 5 national titles on the mantle piece.?

• Haha 1

Made me feel uneasy. The girl was extremely talented ,but girls should not fight boys. Its wrong. My boys were taught you should never hit a woman. Surely by mixing the sexes in the ring you are giving mixed messages to boys about domestic abuse? But my God she wss talented.

All my kids went to kickboxing as youngsters, but with my daughters it was a very hard moral decision for me to let them step into the ring for completions, but I always said all the training and belts in the world means nothing until you have someone firing back at you so we travelled and done a few inter club bouts but as the numbers of girl fighters was very limited they would always end up fighting the same opponents due to limited numbers of girls at certain weights and skill levels, the boys on the other hand had different opponents everywhere they went  so maybe that's why she needs to fight a boy, ????

19 hours ago, shaaark said:

FACT ?

4 hours ago, greg64 said:

what boxing skills ,she's got movement, footwork, durability and recovery she's the best since ali and beat him in his own back yard

And after studying that fight, I've now changed my mind, she's got better defence and blocks better than fury ?

20 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

All kids should be able to take a punch in mouth ? physically an mentally an that’s why I pay what I do an spend so much time taking me kids to clubs an stuff it’s not about the boxing or gymnastics it’s about loads a diff things? they be much better adults for it when it’s time to kick em out, I’m betting in it??

Spot on there, boxing can give a great foundation to kids IMO even if they don't keep it up as they get older the lessons they learn will serve them well for the rest of their life :thumbs:

• Like 1

Not into girls fighting I’m a bit old fashioned like that . But I’ve started to change my mind these days I’ve seen vids of girls kicking the shit out of other poor girls getting bullied .i think it’s a good thing for young girls to learn to hold their hands up to defend themselves same with the lads . Jmho 

• Like 3