Just finished this Tanto style knife. It is made for a KITH (Knife In a hat) on another forum. You make a knife to a chosen style, names all go in a " hat" and you all get someone else's knife. This one is made from a HSS Planer blade, black denim wrap Micarta and copper trims.

46071312812_92f223efd7_b.jpgP1090391 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

45397354414_cdc22c89d8_b.jpgP1090389 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

45397357684_2eed8b7d02_b.jpgP1090388 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

46121165681_6ac19ddd0a_b.jpgP1090408 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

46121173781_e883641e08_b.jpgP1090407 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

P1090407 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

45209819535_c7626b5bf2_b.jpgP1090402 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

45209834645_05e0a3563e_b.jpgP1090396 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickr

45209838875_4b48a1be52_b.jpgP1090395 by Terry Gri46071365212_68455e8f5a_b.jpgP1090393 by Terry Griffiths, on Flickrffiths, on Flickr

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gooner said:

Nice work ūüĎć

Just wondering have the issues on the other forum been sorted yet?

Seems all quiet at the moment personally i am happy with the forum.

Bruce has cancer and mental health issues, not to mention moving house and going through a divorce but this apparently is not a good enough excuse for a small minority of keyboard warriors who were relentlessly demanding answers. The mods finally had enough and banned them. Answers will be forthcoming all in good time.

9 minutes ago, GruffaloGriff said:

Seems all quiet at the moment personally i am happy with the forum.

Bruce has cancer and mental health issues, not to mention moving house and going through a divorce but this apparently is not a good enough excuse for a small minority of keyboard warriors who were relentlessly demanding answers. The mods finally had enough and banned them. Answers will be forthcoming all in good time.

Yh I knew what was going on as I was a subscriber, stopped my renewal until it's all been sorted.

i met Bruce at Bardsters meet seemed a nice enough guy just waiting for it to be all resolved as it is a nice friendly place to visit.

Very nice¬†that I particularly like the samurai type sheath look ūüĎćūüĎćūüĎć .........

• Like 1

Eh up Griff. I've been a bit quite for a while. Had last CT yesterday so hoping all's good. Enjoyed you pics and just thought I'd put a little something in the mix. It's yours if you want to do a number on it. 

• Like 1

And yes I have used this thing. Just before anyone asks. Arabia 1978. Jok.

56 minutes ago, jok said:

Eh up Griff. I've been a bit quite for a while. Had last CT yesterday so hoping all's good. Enjoyed you pics and just thought I'd put a little something in the mix. It's yours if you want to do a number on it. 

Nice one Jock, good to hear from you. Yes i could give that a clean up and bit of tlc.

ATB

Griff

I just wiped the grease off and it's like new. Sharp as hell. I doubt anyone could get that kind do of edge. Send me details and it's on it's way pal. Jok.

Sounds daft but I had a shave withe thing in Rhiyadh in 1978. Don't ask because I won't say. Jok.

4 hours ago, spsurfer said:

Wow!!! How did you made the heat treatment? Clay? 

Very cool tanto! 

Regards 

Nicolas 

I cold ground it out of a HSS industrial planer blade to retain the original temper. I used an oxy-propane torch to take the temper out of the spine to give flexibility. Hadn't planned to leave the temper pattern visible but kind of liked it and think it adds to the whole Japanese dagger look.

Griff

• Thanks 1

It’s all very posh in her now ! 

I’m  glad to see knife making is still strong in this section . 

• Like 2