Storing bikes over winter

How do you lads/lasses store your motor bikes over the winter ? Iv put fuel stabiliser and give them a good wash polish n wax covered them over with blankets but yesterday I had to move them to make space for a mates bike and they was covered in condensation! 

Any advice? 

I only put a light blanket over my bikes, stops the condensation building up on the cold metal.  I don't touch the fuel as I like to start mine up every week and run it until it warms up, and the oil gets flushed round the engine.

• Like 1

This Noisy b*****d went away at the beginning of November I put a light cover over it and some towels over the tank and paint work, just enough fuel to start it and it’s got a motobatt gel battery that seems to start even if left for months at a time it all gets greased up and electrics sprayed .

i used to do 90000 miles a year when I was a courier for over 11 years winters were harsh never again fair weather rider all the way now ?  

28B12EBD-7777-4F79-8C86-8AAF7A1437DF.jpeg.aafb27aff3c4ceb0c01923b64d35edf9.jpeg

• Like 2
On 03/12/2018 at 10:44, walshie said:

Stroring bikes over winter? You should be riding them you fannies. :yes:

Got caught out in a blizzard thirty miles from home several years ago and I have to say it was the worst couple of hours of my life. Lol. Stood in the kitchen soaked to the bolloxs and the wife having to basically strip me because I couldn’t use my hands. Lol. 

• Like 2

Ha my only transport was a bike for 5 years I did not do my car test till I was 21 , always had a sports bike for summer and I used an old cb250rs for winter , think I miss the 250 most had some right laughs on that little bike , just got 3 classics now ( my pension fund) 

• Like 1