FECKING WNNNNKERS

How do you round up the u,k stock of air rifles/pistols already in circulation .Yes you can make air subject to the same checks as fac but there,s many who would never in a million years own up and pay a license fee .This leaves a massive pool of equipment and some very unsavory characters owning it .

Dont have the answer but the current laws are very stringent if applied and that,s the problem ,the police enforce and arrest then either the C.P.S or wet lettuce judges let go or give feeble sentences :doh:

• Like 2

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Properly put and straight to the point for all of us here Jimmy. Alas, the RSPCA and sections of the public are ignorant of the care and concern for shooting in a humane and highly responsible, p

I love to sit and watch the swans there the queens bird and under her protection they want to lock them scum bags up and she wants to throw away the key looking at the xrays it looks li

Appalling, albeit illegal, I could maybe understand(not condone) someone shooting a swan for the table, but wanton slaughter like that is wrong, however if they had been run over by a car deliberately

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Ron Weasley said:

You may well be right Jimmy, but I fall into the camp that thinks it is better try than just accept that this is a part of life.  Even something simple like providing ID and requiring gun shops to keep a register of what had been sold to who would be a help.  Granted, that doesn't account for the guns that are already out there, but it might help in preventing any escalation of the problem.  And if we, the responsible airgunners and the airgun industry implemented something like that voluntarily then it would show some willing that might release some of the pressure.

Am I a dreamer?  Probably!

All rfd,s do keep a record of who buys a rifle

all serial no of guns are put in a book and your name and address and post code

plus you must prove who you are by id

its the second hand rifles you buy

that are the problem

you dont need id

you dont need to give your address

just pay your money and take your rifle or pistol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, bigmac 97kt said:

All rfd,s do keep a record of who buys a rifle

all serial no of guns are put in a book and your name and address and post code

plus you must prove who you are by id

its the second hand rifles you buy

that are the problem

you dont need id

you dont need to give your address

just pay your money and take your rifle or pistol

As I mentioned...I have been out of the country for a while, so I'm probably not best placed to even be involved in this discussion!  I do know that I didn't have to give any details for the last rifle I bought in England though (a .177 single shot BSA Ultra, if anybody is interested).  That's a step in the right direction, at least.

You're right Jimmy - this is a tough nut to crack!

*edited for typo*

Edited by Ron Weasley
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, Ron Weasley said:

As I mentioned...I have been out of the country for a while, so I'm probably not pest placed to even be involved in this discussion!  I do know that I didn't have to give any details for the last rifle I bought in England though (a .177 single shot BSA Ultra, if anybody is interested).  That's a step in the right direction, at least.

You're right Jimmy - this is a tough nut to crack!

It needs cracking

just a mindless slaughter of a family of stunning birds

and just by the lads comments on here we all have the same opinion

YES WE SHOOT

YES WE HUNT

BUT WE DO IT FOR THE TABLE OR SOME ONE ELSE'S TABLE

WE DO NOT SHOOT FOR THE HELL OF IT

and we have feelings to AND WE KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG

and if any antis are reading this

WE ARE NOT MINDLESS ANIMALS

even if you think we are

WE CARE ABOUT WILD LIFE

• Like 2
On 02/12/2018 at 19:26, bigmac 97kt said:

As if our sport dose not come under enough shit

they want hung drawn and quartered

fecking scum just scum

Family of swans shot and killed in 'senseless' attack - ITV News

Hi bud, we have had it this side about a month ago but only one swan which had been shot with a shotgun i dont no why someone would shoot a nice bird like that , we live in a bad world now and i dont think it will get better, atb bud 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, falcongit said:

Hi bud, we have had it this side about a month ago but only one swan which had been shot with a shotgun i dont no why someone would shoot a nice bird like that , we live in a bad world now and i dont think it will get better, atb bud 

To be honest for me, its not about "why would someone shoot a nice bird like that" although I take your point, years ago the Fenland fowlers that scratched a living from the Ouse washes and similar places did shoot swans, and no doubt those swans fed some hungry mouths, during the last war plenty of swans will have been shot during rationing and lack of meat, and no doubt some still are, but this is not someone shooting a bird for the table, because their kids are hungry, I would be more than happy to shoot the odd swan if it were legal and they were abundant in an area, and I am sure they make a fine table bird, but as others have said there is something very fishy about this, lets hope the truth will out, but sadly where the RSPCA are concerned I very much doubt it.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Rabid said:

I see a petition has been started to licence air guns by a swan charity based on this case

sadly the only problem i see is the media and its constant need to attack air guns . The bird has been shot with a shot gun like a cat recently shot with a shot gun , but the media claim its an air gun in both cases  . now there is a petition started because of these lies .

• Like 2

The queen only owns the birds on certain stretches of Thames if I remember correct was 2 big memes families from London had something more to do with swans than monarch ... Might be wrong but sure it's something along them lines and personally wouldn't shoot or eat one be too chewy like an old Canadian goose. Shot doesn't look right at all spreads wrong and as mentioned 

On 05/12/2018 at 06:32, bigmac 97kt said:

It needs cracking

just a mindless slaughter of a family of stunning birds

and just by the lads comments on here we all have the same opinion

YES WE SHOOT

YES WE HUNT

BUT WE DO IT FOR THE TABLE OR SOME ONE ELSE'S TABLE

WE DO NOT SHOOT FOR THE HELL OF IT

and we have feelings to AND WE KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG

and if any antis are reading this

WE ARE NOT MINDLESS ANIMALS

even if you think we are

WE CARE ABOUT WILD LIFE

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs:

Properly put and straight to the point for all of us here Jimmy.

Alas, the RSPCA and sections of the public are ignorant of the care and concern for shooting in a humane and highly responsible, professional manner, those of us who make up most of the active air rifle shooting community conduct our sport by. 

It's all too easy to blame an airgun shooter for acts of cruelty like this. So we get the blame.

The trouble is, there are morons out there who can, just as easily as we can,  buy any airgun on a whim to cause trouble with it. And we get tarred with the same brush. 

The solution I'd rather see is a more pro-active enforcement of the Police to find and prosecute the perpetrators responsible. Punished with a deterrent prison sentence as a warning to others. Not a blanket criminalising of the responsible law abiding air rifle hunter/shooting community.

I'd like to know the genuinely honest  truth of the extent of any positive effect, that Scottish airgun licencing has had on the criminal misuse of airguns. 

All the best.

Simon.

• Like 5
On 03/12/2018 at 14:29, walshie said:

Having looked at the pics again, something looks wrong. They aren't airgun pellets as they are round. If a shotgun was used at close range the pellets would be a lot closer together if they didn't blast right through. A shotgun at greater distance wouldn't have so many pellets in the pattern. They also look massive for shotgun shot. Suspiciously well spaced out too. :hmm:I've changed my mind to BB gun.

Shotgun 60 yards has about the right spread on it! With a BB gun all you would do is seriously piss the swan off and wind up getting a hammering off it, they can be nasty b*****ds.

Thing is due to a few things like happening in Scotland we now have to have a licence for our airguns all it takes is a prick and some publicity to ruin it for the many , most will be okay if you have a firearms cert or a shot gun cert you have good cause to need or use a air gun and its a £10 , but how many folk only have a airgun and will need to go to the bother of getting a cabinet and licence and then its £100 . Its no just the government thats against us anytime you open a paper watch a animal program on the box  there keen to prompt this cat was shot by a air gun WTF do that ? we are fighting a battle against the clowns there no even in our sport they have a gun so are just looking for something to pull the trigger at , It the press and the uneducated antis out there and i think we are loosing the battle

Took the granddaughter out today to feed the ducks and the swans

It just dose my head in why any one would shoot these birds

apart from the kestrels iv got a soft spot for these birds

got two vids as well but dont know how to put them on

i sent them to si he may be able to do it for me

ps,,The second last pic i was feeding it out of my hand

until it took hold of my fingers lol?

DSC_0076.JPG

DSC_0077.JPG

DSC_0078.JPG

DSC_0079.JPG