NEW LAMPING VID

My point is that the bitch as shown on vids that she can run and catch on land that you and some times i run on but until you run a dog on good numbers 2 to 3 times a week you dont Know if they are a good dales dog . I'm not saying plenty of good dogs will not do this now and then but for them to keep doing this 2 to 3 times a week for 5  years for me that's a good un.

Edited by Trev70
  • Like 7

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New lamping video. LAMPING WITH LASS THE LURCHER . Very clear footage and some great runs. This is one of best lamping videos with my new camera. Lass caught 41 rabbits on the night from about 55

My point is that the bitch as shown on vids that she can run and catch on land that you and some times i run on but until you run a dog on good numbers 2 to 3 times a week you dont Know if they are a

I don't agree if she run the way she runs on the seed smashing into hedges to catch the rabbit in there or bring it back out she wouldn't last a night in the dales, I've seen a few bring them up and r

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

Fair point I just prefer a up and attem style but as you say some rough ground up ther so a steadier dog will last longer true point atb 

You'll like my grew then but she's on 3 legs at the min after last night ☹️ but with some luck she'll be back at them by the end of the week.

Hopefully not too serious injury . yeh I've always run 3/4 whippet grey types just prefer ther running style . Can be injury prone as run quite heavy as such but that's just the type I live too run.   Got a 3/4 whippet Beddy pup I'm bringing on ATM she's got do or die attitude on the couple of runs she's had so far . Yeh can't beat a whippet grey type in my opinion always exciting to watch run . Atb 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Blackmag said:

I get were Trev and coursing mad are coming from rews or Trev dogs are a class act at what they do to be worked as hard as they are and still have that desire is a credit to them but of what I have seen tomos Venus I think she was called was the best at that game and (that no disrespect to there dogs  )I have seen but Trev with all due respect a lot of ground many lads run is fraught with far more dangers lung busting runs than dales rabbits 

Only seen her on vid  Tomo's Venus is a class bitch , I've run dogs all over the country and not seen land with far more dangers than parts of the dales were are these mate

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Only seen her on vid  Tomo's Venus is a class bitch , I've run dogs all over the country and not seen land with far more dangers than parts of the dales were are these 

Trev you been up in the  angus glens and the moors nothing against rews dog but no my cup of tea like watching a dog on the fens boring 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, nothernlite said:

Trev you been up in the  angus glens and the moors nothing against rews dog but no my cup of tea like watching a dog on the fens boring 

No mate I forgot about the land you run but I would think its just like parts of the dales. I still like watching a good dog on the fens so that's why I could like the way she runs ? but how ever they run I think its hard to find a good dog that will run good numbers twice a week for season after season.

44 minutes ago, Trev70 said:

No mate I forgot about the land you run but I would think its just like parts of the dales. I still like watching a good dog on the fens so that's why I could like the way she runs ? but how ever they run I think its hard to find a good dog that will run good numbers twice a week for season after season.

That's easy ground aswell

So I'm told?

Yes mate. She isn't my type of runner either but she's clever and it shows. My old dog was about retired before you was 4 because she had knocked herself up so much. 

He's looking to line lass with his other dog Duke. If the pups get the best of both these dogs they will brilliant. I'm so tempted to have one but we will see when the time comes. 

Duke is gems brother. Gem was a great dog. Duke is the same. Makes easy work of catching but Brandon put most of his time into lass so dukes never had the scores lass has caught. 

Check duke out in this ferreting vid

Here's a video of gem too. Dukes sister

• Like 1
On 04/12/2018 at 08:05, Coursing mad 24 said:

You need a bit of Beddy blood for the fire in em lol atb 

I like the beddy I’ve seen some good un’s but some lads that was on the whippet forum might remember about 3 years back when ss off there got a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy on trial, he told the lad he just wanted to see it run one night on the dales so I took him on some low land that I lamp. We got there and the little blue bitch jumped out of the car with my rough Lurcher Bitch we put them on the slip and walked the short walk to the first field the little bitch was on her back legs all the way I thought she up for it.we gave her the first few runs which we got handy she missed all 3. We then run the dogs in turn one after the other, the night ended at 33 for the Lurcher and 0 for the beddy x whippet, the lad that was selling the bitch had never be up the dales but still must of thought she’ll catch them up there their easy. Ss was at his door with the bitch early that morning.

DCE35F99-6D8B-4F6B-9A70-5210DEC01903.jpeg

9 hours ago, Trev70 said:

I like the beddy I’ve seen some good un’s but some lads that was on the whippet forum might remember about 3 years back when ss off there got a 3/4 whippet 1/4 beddy on trial, he told the lad he just wanted to see it run one night on the dales so I took him on some low land that I lamp. We got there and the little blue bitch jumped out of the car with my rough Lurcher Bitch we put them on the slip and walked the short walk to the first field the little bitch was on her back legs all the way I thought she up for it.we gave her the first few runs which we got handy she missed all 3. We then run the dogs in turn one after the other, the night ended at 33 for the Lurcher and 0 for the beddy x whippet, the lad that was selling the bitch had never be up the dales but still must of thought she’ll catch them up there their easy. Ss was at his door with the bitch early that morning.

DCE35F99-6D8B-4F6B-9A70-5210DEC01903.jpeg

????