NEW LAMPING VID

New lamping video. LAMPING WITH LASS THE LURCHER . Very clear footage and some great runs. This is one of best lamping videos with my new camera.

Lass caught 41 rabbits on the night from about 55 runs.

Stick it on the tv tonight. Switch the lights and watch it in the dark.  I hope you enjoy it. 

https://youtu.be/gAHg_g8_UuY

• Like 12

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

New lamping video. LAMPING WITH LASS THE LURCHER . Very clear footage and some great runs. This is one of best lamping videos with my new camera. Lass caught 41 rabbits on the night from about 55

My point is that the bitch as shown on vids that she can run and catch on land that you and some times i run on but until you run a dog on good numbers 2 to 3 times a week you dont Know if they are a

I don't agree if she run the way she runs on the seed smashing into hedges to catch the rabbit in there or bring it back out she wouldn't last a night in the dales, I've seen a few bring them up and r

Posted Images

Well tuned into her quarry that bitch, tidy on the chase, 

never ceases to amaze me how much distance a rabbit can put on a dog from a sitting start, squatters look handy until they explode for home 

well done 

• Like 1

Cracking film great footage but don't rate the dogs running style to be honest if that dog was running on seed  or hedged fields or fields with out walls  I don't think it would catch a cold I think it was waiting for the rabbits to die of exhaustion before striking lol  I think a straight collie would of notted em up quicker  cracking filming tho that dog would bore me too death lol

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Excellent vid Rew? Lamp camera & dog all in perfect harmony especially liked the slow motion bits blended into chase. One off if not best lamping vids ive seen. Welldone. Atb

Thanks a lot mate. Thought I might have gone over kill with the slowmo but it's good seeing the footwork and turn and strikes. 

21 hours ago, Trev70 said:

Very good vid and dog ?

Thanks pal. 

20 hours ago, brian c said:

Very good dog fair play to your cousin! Wat lamps do u use ? 

He's use the David Lloyd lamp. It's led with battery in handle. Same as the clulite plr500 .Both me and my cousin have one. We had them for 3 season now and they still good for rabbits. I use the old striker with 100w bulb for more light.

18 hours ago, Lee Parker said:

Good filming not easy to do lamping video 

Thanks mate. No it's not easy, been trying since I was a kid. I wish I had a even better camera now. Some of the footage could be abit more focused. 

16 hours ago, Casso said:

Well tuned into her quarry that bitch, tidy on the chase, 

never ceases to amaze me how much distance a rabbit can put on a dog from a sitting start, squatters look handy until they explode for home 

well done 

Yes mate it's nice to see her up the gear a few times to get back on terms. It's almost like she knows she's got plenty to run at so she can take her time.  They are fast for sure but lamped some locally on short grass  like footy field short. Those rabbits take some catching.

16 hours ago, Saltmoon said:

Best vid yet cracking footage ????

Thanks mate.

3 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

Cracking film great footage but don't rate the dogs running style to be honest if that dog was running on seed  or hedged fields or fields with out walls  I don't think it would catch a cold I think it was waiting for the rabbits to die of exhaustion before striking lol  I think a straight collie would of notted em up quicker  cracking filming tho that dog would bore me too death lol

Yes mate she's not the most exciting but she's clever and that's just as good to watch.  Lamped locally other night with her. The rabbit went through sheep fencing. She jumped the fence and then ran straight for the hedge it was going to. She cut it off and struck side on.

This was only her 4th night on the numbers so she not as sharp yet and it was two nights after she caught 23.

Locally all the land we lamp is either hedges and arable. She's not done much local this year so it takes abit of getting used to. She can't take her time here so she will have to get back into the swing of things. But brandon likes getting the numbers so that's where she shines. Her best was 74 in one night in january. I bet she ran 85. 

Thanks mate.

2 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

How was the old bitch bred mate the brindle one you used too film liked that bitch a lot very sharp in the older videos atb 

That was fly, she was basically whippet grey with a touch of collie and deerhound. She had a brilliant strike. She would have been a great dog had she not had so many injuries. I got a pup out of her but he's been injured for 10 weeks. Getting him fit for January. Thanks again 

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Coursing mad 24 said:

I don't agree if she run the way she runs on the seed smashing into hedges to catch the rabbit in there or bring it back out she wouldn't last a night in the dales, I've seen a few bring them up and run this way on the lamp and some don't go back home. A good dales dog runs the way she does, she knows when the time is right to make a strike and she can turn on the speed when she needs. Take it from me a collie wouldn't catch the rabbits on that short grass she makes them look easer than they are. Not many last to a age up the dales with out having to be retire early  or have to get rid because they start picking their runs or just jack when your running good numbers bolting and lamping them ever week so for her still to have the drive to catch good numbers she's a good un for me.

• Like 4

Not gonna ruin Rews thread but anyone in the country who lamps a lot knows the easyiest place to bag big numbers of rabbits is in the dales no were else In England has a easier terrain to bag numbers of easy rabbits that's y people travell the country to lamp up ther . I've done it many of times . Agreed a greyhound type would probably write its self of up ther but any half decent lampdog will bag up more in the dales than anywhere else and them stone surrounded fields are like shooting fish in a barrel compared to most ares to run rabbits on the lamp 

• Like 1

I get were Trev and coursing mad are coming from rews or Trev dogs are a class act at what they do to be worked as hard as they are and still have that desire is a credit to them but of what I have seen tomos Venus I think she was called was the best at that game and (that no disrespect to there dogs  )I have seen but Trev with all due respect a lot of ground many lads run is fraught with far more dangers lung busting runs than dales rabbits 

• Like 1