Seven mk3 problem

Just wondering if anyone can help. Splashed out on a ferret finder (from eBay so second hand) and when it arrived seemed to work ok. 

Come to use it and the detector is no longer making any noise at all apart from a funny sort of wheeze when you turn it on or off. 

Any tips ops for fixing appreciated. 

Dan

Yeah i recently found batteries to give bother, got cheap shite button cell batteries and panasonic 9vs. They read full power on the battery tester but are f***ing done in no time (not even a day). Then bought rayovac and duracell which read very low on my batt tester, but are still going and that was 2 months ago. 

• Like 1

get a small pair of pliers on the battery connection prongs in the locator and pull them out a little to make better contact with the battery. . . .  I changed the battery 2 X before I realized it wasn't making a good connection.

On slightly different note I am having problems with the mk3 collars, I have used them for years now and have found them brilliant but two have just suddenly stopped working. Changed the batteries a couple of times and tried checking the contacts etc but nothing, are they repairable? Any suggestions appreciated, thanks. 

7 hours ago, Bobtheferret said:

On slightly different note I am having problems with the mk3 collars, I have used them for years now and have found them brilliant but two have just suddenly stopped working. Changed the batteries a couple of times and tried checking the contacts etc but nothing, are they repairable? Any suggestions appreciated, thanks. 

mrk3....or mrk3m.......them mrk3m sometimes need a little bang ...nock them on something solid

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Wideboy said:

Your box isn't going to make a sound until it receives a signal from the collar, make sure the batteries in the collar are good, when storing your collars away I find that they can get switched on somehow. Mk3 setup is a piece of shit, if only someone else would bring something out!! Customer service is good though, I say they make more money on repairs then selling new ones!!

Appreciate the advice but I have other working collars so I know the box is working, I have changed the batteries for new ones and also put batteries from a working collar in the faulty one so know it’s not a battery issue. Have been in touch with deben and going to send it back to them to have a look at but from what they said it may be knackered as it’s a sealed unit.....

Thanks for replying though mate.