Quick question...

42 minutes ago, Casso said:

What age is it ? And how’s It bred , has it seen much work ? 

Hes a collie grey whippet grey 2 years old he’s get worked maybe twice a week if nite is right,, I wouldn’t say the dog jacked.... as I was the only one in field to witness this soon as that started reaching towards motorway my lamp when off 

• Like 2

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are some real txxxs on this forum. A lad asks a valid question then the know it all idiots with no idea about the dog or the man come along and shoot him down, well if there's one way to kill a

I’d say the dog must be a bit half hearted if it just stopped chasing when you called it

I don't lamp much these days but I would not want to call a dog off a run, if you don't know the ground don't run the dog, your in charge, some like to be able to call a dog off, but why send it in th

4 hours ago, fred90 said:

it's all opinions. all mine so far have done as there told but I haven't a hope in hell of them coming back when running something. some say it's a clever dog that picks its runs or can be recalled. I don't like a thinking dog I prefer a out & out tryer some would say they are thick running stuff they can't catch but give me a thick dog every time. I don't think they are really trying if you can call them off. 

We’re I am mate farmers and keepers are very keen so been on and off a field as quickly as possible is a must.... I dare say if my dog never backed off that run last night I’d of been coming home with just a slip...The field ive never walked in a day let alone lamped it on a night So toatally oblivious to any dangers in that field...I minght be completely different to all you on here but if I can keep my little juckel out of danger I’ll do so....

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

I don't think the dog jacked at all,if dog came back once lamp switch off its doing whats asked of it.

I had whippet that run anything and no chance of getting him back until its in his jaws or gone to ground.

We all want different things from our a dogs,and as long as our juckels are keeping us happy thats all that matters.they only have to please us.

I know id rather a juck come back when told rather than over the Hill and far away.

Atb

Cheers mate, too many arse holes on this site, I appreciate there opinions or I wouldnt have posted the thread...but was only me and my juckel that night and I know what I did was the right thing. My juckels here with me now and that’s all that matters and I put pound to a penny a genuine lad will do all he can to keep his dog safe... 

• Like 2

Lots of people make up excuses for not training their dogs correctly. Mine wouldn’t come back unless he missed his quarry or catches.He has a high prey drive which makes it difficult to recall him when behind something so basically I gave up trying.   But his Recall is good if not chasing. 

1 hour ago, Black neck said:

You put the lamp off the lad then called him most dogs would come away after going unsighted fair play

Still a gonk tho

he did not say he put the lamp off In his o p, any lamping dog should come straight back if lamp is off, but that's not what he said and no one said the dog jacked, it seems to me the boy only wants positive feed back, any thing else your a dickhead, fkin muppet.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, LurcherLad1998 said:

What so if your dog was heading for danger you wouldn’t try prevent anything from happening...TOP MAN 

What you been a smart arse with him for ? He said he couldn’t call his of a course not that he wouldn’t if it was heading towards danger , do t put questions up then bleat about the answer you get .

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, two crows said:

he did not say he put the lamp off In his o p, any lamping dog should come straight back if lamp is off, but that's not what he said and no one said the dog jacked, it seems to me the boy only wants positive feed back, any thing else your a dickhead, fkin muppet.

Your right crows he did not say that but I had an inkling that's what he meant of course no one likes critisism  we was all young gonks once lol

14 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

To be honest I stopped reading after the first page, Few things tho ye keep mentioning danger an preventing it but also talk of havin to be on an off land as quick as possible why take them risks if ye ain’t prepared for consequences? Bein on land ye shouldn’t is just as dangerous as roads. An if your dog is clever enough to come back mid chase then I can’t imagine him getting himself in much danger ? 

take a chill pill, do ye homework better I mean who the fcuk walks land but don’t know what’s in next fields? first thing I do when I find a new field or 2 is see what’s next door ? 

an lots an I mean lots a gear is put to bed every season all over country in the dark, wether that’s Cos the dogs run out beam or hunted up in dark or the stupid fcuker trying to help dog catch turns beam off???? but it happenesnan like it it not it’s usually the higher driver dogs that catch em??

?