Paris riots

Or they are just normal law abiding people, who have woken up to the con that was macron, a fake pm brought in on a wave of false promises to defeat le penn , and now they can barely afford to feed themselves or go to work while there capital has been turned into a giant migrant camp ffs, 

• Like 2

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Its far from over. Drove through Paris on the Saturday evening just before xmas, eerily quiet.  Been driving up and down France a lot over the last few days,  avoided Saturdays though, but a

https://youtu.be/RJxVCsWzRx8.  

My daughter drove back from Italy the week before Christmas and it’s happening right across the continent, yellow vests on most round about,s deciding who can and can’t move, even as far as Canada peo

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Greyman said:

In a nutshell

In that clip, it states that the French should take a leaf from Donald Trump by representing the workers. Donald Trump has never represented American workers and this is backed by empirical evidence, from trade tariffs all the way to corporate bailouts.

Fight the EU by all means but comparing the two governments is the type of disingenuous commentary that Fox is known for.

I still don't fully understand what's happening in Paris but could it be something much simpler along the line of skinny wallets being further hit by the illusion that tax increases help the population rather than some side argument that the NWO is taking over?

Edited by ChrisJones

It's not just Paris mate it's right across France the media is playing things down, fuel duty alone is just the tip of the iceberg, macron is the French Blair he was just exposed much quicker than our own smiling assassin, regarding trump you are living it so no much more than we, but from outside looking in he does appear to be trying to put American interests first, what's the alternative to Fox News certainly not cnn? Finally it's about the Germans attempting to conquer Europe again and has nothing to do with the nwo we are entering some very uncertain times as nationalism is spreading and people just want there elected governments to focus on what's best for the people and not the banks and global businesses ✌️

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, Greyman said:

It's not just Paris mate it's right across France the media is playing things down, fuel duty alone is just the tip of the iceberg, macron is the French Blair he was just exposed much quicker than our own smiling assassin,

That's a fair one, mate but as an outsider trying to get actual news on what is happening is extremely difficult from an American news agency that has slated Macron from the off. It would be like me posting a CNN link on THL favorite Hillary Clinton expecting similar courtesy. Not a pop but there has to be something that is actually news regarding the current crisis that isn't spun so spectacularly.

7 minutes ago, Greyman said:

regarding trump you are living it so no much more than we, but from outside looking in he does appear to be trying to put American interests first, what's the alternative to Fox News certainly not cnn?

Agreed again, mate but that's kinda my point. If you like Trump you'll view media that shows him in a positive light (Fox) and avoid media that shows him negatively (CNN) where there are dozens of quality news outlets that have impartially tracked his impact since becoming president and highlighted what happens behind the spin (NPR & Politico.)

For the record I'm indifferent towards Macron. Like all newly elected leaders (Trump included) I opt to judge them on their results. Trumps results for the American workers are pretty damning from General Motors cutting jobs and plants, despite their enormous government subsidies and massive recent tax cuts to the recent snub of America's war dead at the 100th Armistice rememberance that seem to go without comment. The list grows and is easily researchable for anyone that wants to look into it beyond the headlines.

16 minutes ago, Greyman said:

Finally it's about the Germans attempting to conquer Europe again and has nothing to do with the nwo we are entering some very uncertain times as nationalism is spreading and people just want there elected governments to focus on what's best for the people and not the banks and global businesses ✌️

Again, thrice, I agree but to an expat living in the colonies where do I look?

31 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That's a fair one, mate but as an outsider trying to get actual news on what is happening is extremely difficult from an American news agency that has slated Macron from the off. It would be like me posting a CNN link on THL favorite Hillary Clinton expecting similar courtesy. Not a pop but there has to be something that is actually news regarding the current crisis that isn't spun so spectacularly.

Agreed again, mate but that's kinda my point. If you like Trump you'll view media that shows him in a positive light (Fox) and avoid media that shows him negatively (CNN) where there are dozens of quality news outlets that have impartially tracked his impact since becoming president and highlighted what happens behind the spin (NPR & Politico.)

For the record I'm indifferent towards Macron. Like all newly elected leaders (Trump included) I opt to judge them on their results. Trumps results for the American workers are pretty damning from General Motors cutting jobs and plants, despite their enormous government subsidies and massive recent tax cuts to the recent snub of America's war dead at the 100th Armistice rememberance that seem to go without comment. The list grows and is easily researchable for anyone that wants to look into it beyond the headlines.

Again, thrice, I agree but to an expat living in the colonies where do I look?

Think division is what keeps the power were it is, we are all being fed the same shite just from different bowls in different flavours ?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Greyman said:

Think division is what keeps the power were it is, we are all being fed the same shite just from different bowls in different flavours ?

I can't argue with that at all, mate, but I honestly wonder whether they're rioting because of the EU or because it costs more to work. If the EU was responsible surely all of the countries would be jacking up the tax on their fuel? Or is it an easy target to charge for vehicle emissions?

Don't get me wrong. I'm no fan of the EU but at what point do ordinary people start fighting back against higher and higher costs of living versus lower and lower returns for the tax money?

Okay. So I did a bit of headline skimming and I came across this from NPR. They're not usually the fasted to break a story but their media is usually very well sourced and written and it's worth the wait in most cases.

They've since posted this article on the matter while I've been pottering around in the yard this afternoon.

My understanding of the matter from what I've read here is that when Macron was elected partly on the basis of his environmental policy strategy. This tax hike was part of the strategy. The initial protests came from France's rural areas where driving large distances is becoming increasingly cost prohibitive as the tax has gone up considerably. It's now spread to cities and has involved 130+ thousand people this weekend alone.

The violence that has erupted according to French authorities is from both the usual groups of right and left rabble-rousers. While the majority of the French public support the protesters, the overwhelming majority abhor the violence that has been connected to it.

Would anyone with a better understanding of the issue than me say that's a fair assessment? If not what is actually happening?

Its France wide. The fuel tax hikes are the straw that broke the camels back. My local crew of gilet juanes are meeting tonight, if they arent at work they are blocking the nearest N road near us.