Always take extras with you!

Went up the shoot Wednesday night, saw 2 Charlie’s but couldn’t get on either of them. Frustrated I thought I’ll try again on Friday (having to take the Missus out for dinner on Thursday to keep in her good books!!) got to the shoot nice and early yesterday at about 6:00, as I was early I thought before I go to where I saw the two at 9:30 I’ll try another spot. Loaded the rifle up and realised I only had 4 bullets with me! Oh bugger, Got parked up and started scanning with the XQ50F, twenty minutes passed and I had two foxes coming in behind me. I got into the bonnet of the jimny and dropped them both next to each other. 10 minutes later I saw one around 500 yards away, I tried squeaking it but wasn’t remotely interested but about 300 yards behind that Fox was another which was interested in the call. Got it in to 213 yards and boom down it went. 

Now only with one bullet left I thought I’ll just have a drive up the the spot I was going to park in just to see if any were about. Before I got to where I wanted to be I saw a fourth in a rape field, it was only about eighty yards away and totally oblivious to me with the wind coming straight at me. I snuck out the truck got onto the back of the jimny resting on the roof and boom number four hit the deck. If it was any further away only having one bullet I wouldn’t have taken the shot but it was a perfect broadside chest shot. 

Oh bugger it’s only 8:00 and I have no bullets left! Plus I didn’t even get to where I wanted to be, so ended up being an early night but a very much worth while one trip out! 

• Like 6

That’s sounds like a cracking evening, 4 down before you got to where you were going, you now have a reason to go back out to where you were heading and you were home at a sensible hour, I hope you told the missus that you called it a night early to spend some time with her ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Underdog said:

If you think that's bad Jarvis I once drove miles and pulled the rifle out only to realise I had left the bolt  at home!

You did ok.

I had two jimneys over ten years. I love them.

U.

Oh what a bugger!

they are great little trucks! Got this one off eBay with No MOT for £350 ? it stays at the shoot for feeding and for me to use shooting. Made some adjustments to a pallet and ratchet strapped it to the roof to shoot from! It the perfect tool for the job! And the best thing is the heater works!

548F13BC-72EF-42E5-8A7E-91ABED6BF491.jpeg

5C4BC845-CDD1-4C1A-8345-B123FE05B304.jpeg

• Like 1
On ‎01‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 18:38, Underdog said:

If you think that's bad Jarvis I once drove miles and pulled the rifle out only to realise I had left the bolt  at home!

You did ok.

I had two jimneys over ten years. I love them.

U.

I think we have all made a least one classic in our time, I ended up 65 miles form home on a job to find my ammo box, containing bolts as well, was still at home and I had a boot full of useless rifles. :doh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1