Buffalo and Paramo. Best combo so far.

Guest vin

Merino base layer. Buffalo special 6 shirt/ Top. Plus Parmo Halcon Coat. So far I've been dry and warm in some terrible weather. But even when digging and crawling in the muddy banks with the ferrets etc I have remained dry and not too sweaty inside because of the ventilation in both the buffalo and paramo etc. The hood on the Paramo is really good I have found myself removing my beanie hat when I needed to cool down on the odd occasion. 

I have tried so many combos in the past and all the other major brand names... But so far this gear has really impressed me.

On 30/11/2018 at 22:09, vin said:

Merino base layer. Buffalo special 6 shirt/ Top. Plus Parmo Halcon Coat. So far I've been dry and warm in some terrible weather. But even when digging and crawling in the muddy banks with the ferrets etc I have remained dry and not too sweaty inside because of the ventilation in both the buffalo and paramo etc. The hood on the Paramo is really good I have found myself removing my beanie hat when I needed to cool down on the odd occasion. 

I have tried so many combos in the past and all the other major brand names... But so far this gear has really impressed me.

All the guys had the paramo on last week when I was on the fells. That’s a good recommendation ?

18 hours ago, cragman said:

All the guys had the paramo on last week when I was on the fells. That’s a good recommendation ?

I wouldn't recommend crawling through hawthorns and brambles with it, But I will deffo be doing so at some point this winter. So we will see.

21 hours ago, Night Walker said:

Bit the bullet and bought a keela coat and trousers, can get a little warm but so far really good in the worst weather 

Which of the Keela Range did you buy? I was talking to a keeper about this gear last week... He rated it.

2 hours ago, vin said:

I wouldn't recommend crawling through hawthorns and brambles with it, But I will deffo be doing so at some point this winter. So we will see.

Was working on a Partridge shoot Saturday,..it was raining real heavy, fecking torrential, so I thought it was time to try out my Paramo Pajero jacket.:yes:

All morning I was dry as a bone, great hood, totally breathable and completely waterproof.....then the shit hit the fan.?

The keepers requested that I take my wee cur into a massive fenced plantation, several acres of dense bramble, to encourage some Muntjac deer to leave.

I'm always up for such jobs, but within moments, I felt the sting of inch thick brambles clinging to me...

Now, considering the price of a Paramo,...and its obvious unsuitability for the task, I decided to sack the job. 

Obviously, we will return, but I'll definitely slip on the old Barbour Northumbria and then we will see, what we shall see...?

2 hours ago, vin said:

There’s nothing better for on the fells but there not a workman’s coat. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, vin said:

Which of the Keela Range did you buy? I was talking to a keeper about this gear last week... He rated it.

The sf gear,  sf smock and over trousers as well. Like I said it can get a touch warm but need to just wear less under layers. I wouldn't abuse it in heavy cover eithe similar to what Phil was saying to expensive to tear.

its the gear to wear if you know your going to be out and in real bad weather, I would recommend it

• Like 1

Lol..too expensive to rip, but expensive enough that it dont keep thorns at bay? As useless to a hunting man then as a chocolate fire guard... solognac.. is the best gear by a long shot..cheap, totally waterproof and thorn resistant... looks good and LASTS.. try it..you will never look back.