Buffalo and Paramo. Best combo so far.

Guest vin

The problem with paramo jackets is that you have to keep waterproofing them & there's no set length of time as when you have to do this . One day it's perfect & the next day it lets the water in . 

Edited by chilli

I used to have a Paramo Halcon and although it was great I ended up selling it on ebay as I was simply too warm in it. I've now got a Cioch Glamaig (bought a tad over six years ago) which is basically exactly the same material but is made to measure by a small company on Skye. I still find it warm in all but winter but I just wear a Fjallraven and accept getting damp for the other three seasons. Having said that I'm still considering going back to Paramo as my Glamaig is lacking in pockets so I'm wondering if the Pajaro (being a Halcon with less pockets and therefore lighter) may be a decent compromise. Incidentally, the reason I need pockets (as opposed to a rucksack) is because when you wear a rucksack with paramo fabric the pressure stops it from pumping the water back out.

Also (on the subject of rips etc) although I've never done it myself, you can sew it up etc as this doesn't effect the way the jacket works. 

Edited by Neal
typo
  • 5 months later...
On 12/05/2019 at 10:23, redial said:

I think some days you just have to accept that you are in for a soaking. 

If it's a long drive home, keep a change of clothes in the vehicle.

Know lads that have drove home in their boxers. ???

• Like 2