Whippet

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I always thought whippets were just rabbiting dogs. Until we got this fella, they can really surprise you and not just once in a blue moon but consistently surprise you!  

RIP wizz 

Seen Whippets take most things even margarita pizzas single handed  ?

Posted Images

I got a whippet x that took hare,fox,munty, rats,roe and coney and feather in his time.

He never had problem with anything until a munty buck one xmas eve gave him a fight.he lost few teeth and was pissing blood few days after,cost over 500 at vets so it was a dear deer.

He still here now, retired and sleep at my feet right now.dreaming of runs he had.

He been cracking dog and I bred litter from him and all his pups doing well for the lads who had one.

I rate the whippet and X's ,they punch well above there wait.

If i get another it got b one of the bwra dogs as none peds got that bit more than kc bred.i ain't taking anything AWAY from pures as they gotta be the best pure breed dog about in my opinion and not ruined yet!!! But some prise tags for pures are crazy money  .

My uncle was a whippet man, always racen them back in the sixtys,he had a good kennel.

He was into his coursing by rules and few of his did well on hare.my lad took a few,he would snaffle them in cover mostly, but a catch is a catch when for the pot.

I think my last dog will b a none peds.

• Like 9
33 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

I got a whippet x that took hare,fox,munty, rats,roe and coney and feather in his time.

He never had problem with anything until a munty buck one xmas eve gave him a fight.he lost few teeth and was pissing blood few days after,cost over 500 at vets so it was a dear deer.

He still here now, retired and sleep at my feet right now.dreaming of runs he had.

He been cracking dog and I bred litter from him and all his pups doing well for the lads who had one.

I rate the whippet and X's ,they punch well above there wait.

If i get another it got b one of the bwra dogs as none peds got that bit more than kc bred.i ain't taking anything AWAY from pures as they gotta be the best pure breed dog about in my opinion and not ruined yet!!! But some prise tags for pures are crazy money  .

My uncle was a whippet man, always racen them back in the sixtys,he had a good kennel.

He was into his coursing by rules and few of his did well on hare.my lad took a few,he would snaffle them in cover mostly, but a catch is a catch when for the pot.

I think my last dog will b a none peds.

What was he crossed with sounds a nice little pot filler ?

Had some great times with whippets...in fact, for quite a few years, locally, that was the only dog lads used, it seemed as though everyone had a fecking whippet!

The deer job changed things for us,..but nothing much beats a good, keen whippet, for roustabout rabbiting...?

Even today, my collie types are strongly influenced by whippet blood,...it seems to produce a fast takeoff speed, and quicksilver reflexes,..  in truth, that ten-yard dash is sometimes all ya get.:yes:

• Like 3