Fred dibnah

Win his house for a tenner is a bit weird ?

A local brewery did a beer called flat cap with a picture of Fred on the pump clip. Apparently his wife put in a claim saying she owned his image....now the beer shows a random bloke in a flat cap. The brewery's next beers were called 'gold digger' and a few other mad blonde woman themed names ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

How sad that's its come to that , I think its been run as a small heritage centre, is the building protected out of interest  ?as i hate the thought of some developer getting it at a silly price & pull it down & wack 60 shitty new builds on it ?

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Kay said:

How sad that's its come to that , I think its been run as a small heritage centre, is the building protected out of interest  ?as i hate the thought of some developer getting it at a silly price & pull it down & wack 60 shitty new builds on it ?

It's a listed building so it will stay as a whole building as such Kay..

Guy had it as a heritage/museum house for a while then sold all Fred's stuff off at auction and shut it down, said he couldn't afford the upkeep. Shame now its come to this, wonder if the blue plaque dedicated to Dr Fred is up on the gable end?

Seems like another cash cow idea from greedy buggers using his name!

8 hours ago, scothunter said:

He drilled a huge mine Shaft in his garden if I remember right.

He dug it by hand mate and bricked it,have a look on you tube at how he done it,the old boy was a wonder of the working mans world..

• Like 5