Fx Crown review from the US Mitch

16 minutes ago, philpot said:

Interesting read Mitch if you have not seen it, there is also the Impact listed at the bottom of the page.

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/fx-crown-air-rifle-test-review-177-caliber/

Phil

Yes Phil read it before :thumbs:

I love every thing about this gun Phil apart from one thing , should have had a front stud and butt end stud fitted  for bipod and sling , but other than that probably the best gun I have ever shot , nice in the shoulder , weight only 2.7KG , easy to shoot freehand , I could go on and on about how fantastic this gun is , in fact I said to my mate I wish I had one in .25 as well . I still think the impact is on par with it apart from the weight but it has weaver rails and I will change the scope to another Discovery FFP just to bring down the weight  . IMO the impact is probably better of a Bipod than the crown ,time will tell when I fit a bipod to the crown and if the crown is just as good then the impact might go up for sale 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, philpot said:

Interesting read Mitch if you have not seen it, there is also the Impact listed at the bottom of the page.

https://hardairmagazine.com/reviews/fx-crown-air-rifle-test-review-177-caliber/

Phil

Popped into my local RFD today to try and.part ex the bsa r10 for the hw110, it didn't happen but there was the fx crown on display with a viper pro scope on top and looked bloody gorgeous, was very tempted but too many pennies..it had the laminate stock and looked the bees knees.... ? Haha... 

• Like 2

I have to say that if I was ever able to afford a Crown, after handling one in the RFD , I was blown away with how light they feel for a full length rifle so there would be one in my cabinet, FAC of course and .22.......................................ah to dream.

Phil

• Like 1
1 hour ago, bigmac 97kt said:

The fx crown has the look of

a daystate wolf about it

just my op

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

That's about how far it goes looks  . I must admit I did look at the wolf and few others daystates  , but weight , none adjustability  and its a daystate ,just could not bring my self round , once bittern   twice shy as the saying goes  :thumbs:

• Haha 2
3 hours ago, philpot said:

I have to say that if I was ever able to afford a Crown, after handling one in the RFD , I was blown away with how light they feel for a full length rifle so there would be one in my cabinet, FAC of course and .22.......................................ah to dream.

Phil

Try and shoot one Phil you will be blown away even more  ,you will think about selling your impact , joking of course on selling the impact but the crown is worth looking at :thumbs:

• Like 1
On 30/11/2018 at 17:31, villaman said:

Yes Phil read it before :thumbs:

I love every thing about this gun Phil apart from one thing , should have had a front stud and butt end stud fitted  for bipod and sling , but other than that probably the best gun I have ever shot , nice in the shoulder , weight only 2.7KG , easy to shoot freehand , I could go on and on about how fantastic this gun is , in fact I said to my mate I wish I had one in .25 as well . I still think the impact is on par with it apart from the weight but it has weaver rails and I will change the scope to another Discovery FFP just to bring down the weight  . IMO the impact is probably better of a Bipod than the crown ,time will tell when I fit a bipod to the crown and if the crown is just as good then the impact might go up for sale 

If I’m correct, does the .22 crown adjust from around ten to thirty five ft lbs? Do you know what the power range is on a .25 crown VM?  The reason I ask is, if I were to invest it’d be useful to know, so I could consider which calibre would best suit my needs. Then of course, there’s the pain that my wallet would be subjected to. There’s another consideration altogether ?.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Rimfireboy! said:

If I’m correct, does the .22 crown adjust from around ten to thirty five ft lbs? Do you know what the power range is on a .25 crown VM?  The reason I ask is, if I were to invest it’d be useful to know, so I could consider which calibre would best suit my needs. Then of course, there’s the pain that my wallet would be subjected to. There’s another consideration altogether ?.

.25 crown will be like the impact which mine is running @ 47 ft/lbs  but can take it up to 50ft/lbs using AA 25.4gr pellet I think I had it down to 26t/lbs with out adjusting the reg pressure down 

• Like 1

Yes, I would agree Mitch, it can't be much difference to our Impacts. When I last put mine through the RFD's Skan chrono, it was 47.3fpe down to 25.1fpe using AA Fields 25.4gr. As far as I can tell and you would know better than myself Mitch, the crown uses much of the Impact parts and control methods/adjustments so it is fair to say that if the power range is 'X' on the Impact, the Crown will be pretty much the same.

Phil

• Like 2
4 hours ago, villaman said:

.25 crown will be like the impact which mine is running @ 47 ft/lbs  but can take it up to 50ft/lbs using AA 25.4gr pellet I think I had it down to 26t/lbs with out adjusting the reg pressure down 

How does noise volume compare with the .22 and .25 both at full power VM? Approaching 50ft lb I could imagine the volume would be noticeably louder, but with these shrouded barrels I don’t know, as I’ve no experience of them.

11 minutes ago, Rimfireboy! said:

How does noise volume compare with the .22 and .25 both at full power VM? Approaching 50ft lb I could imagine the volume would be noticeably louder, but with these shrouded barrels I don’t know, as I’ve no experience of them.

On the crown and impact I have taken the standard shroud off and fitted custom made ones .

On the impact I have fitted Airfective 2 part shroud/silencer carbon fibre 

On the crown ,Phil at Ratworks  made me all in one shroud/silencer carbon fibre 

Both are very quiet but not as quiet as a sub 12 with HW mod on .

You can always fit a mod on instead of shrouds , on both I have tried HW mods and they do work very well and probably the same noise level as the custom ones . I just like the look of the custom ones 

• Like 4