This weeks mission

This weeks mission is to find out who owns these fields, they are 5 minuets drive from my house and over the last few days I’ve passed them a few times and the amount of Canada’s on the grass and the winter wheat field next to it is nuts, I passed it not long ago and there was easily 1500 on it a mix of Canada’s and lag, its about a mile from the mouth of the river Tees and backs onto a RSPB reserve, I don’t want to wipe them out but would be more than happy to pay the land owner for a couple of days on there

B6DE83C0-3A30-4846-962E-58C5F883EE88.jpeg

347AAA92-DD44-43E8-A1CD-88C4DEF56D9B.jpeg

9B629DEA-0016-4D22-B13C-0C8E7E953DBF.jpeg

7F2A217A-5429-4B3A-A7CA-26E0DF3AB797.jpeg

I’ve been told that the grass fields are owned by a chemical company so I would of thought there’s no chance of getting on there, but a farmer in the area grazes cows on there in the summer and I think he owns the wheat fields, so I need to find him, the numbers are a lot bigger than the last couple of years, the Canada’s have always been there this time of year but the lag seem to be here in very good numbers now

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, bell said:

That splash looks nice for flighting duck onto......bound to be some wigeon knocking about...

There’s a lot of duck on here, problem is 90% of it is owned by a chemical company or is the RSPB’s wetland park and I don’t think they will let me on there, if I can find the lad who farms the back fields there’s  a bit of water on them that hold a few, so fingers crossed I can find him ?

Theres a good few farms round me at Lochleven hold good numbers of geese and the farmer let the shooting to goose guides and then dont let anybody else on the land as there making enough money from the guides 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, The one said:

Theres a good few farms round me at Lochleven hold good numbers of geese and the farmer let the shooting to goose guides and then dont let anybody else on the land as there making enough money from the guides 

I’m thinking it must be something like that around here, with the numbers that are here the shooting must be let, the land owner would make more from the shooting than the crop, I’m going to have a trip to the local pub after the weekend to see if I can find out who he is, it’s got to be worth a try ?

• Like 1

So no luck getting on this new bit, I spoken to the land owner and his land is a syndicate shoot, a nice bloke who said he would have a word with the lad who runs the syndicate but don’t hold my breath because in his words they pay him to much for the privilege, so had a trip out to some duck ponds last night where I can only take geese and manage a mixed bag of Canada’s and lag as they flighted in just before dark

71F93AA1-6D00-410D-A303-3BCB5E4D4EA6.jpeg

B7144B72-CC94-4886-8CF2-041BDBC82C30.jpeg

Edited by Stavross
  • Like 1