working a whippet

If you get the right pup and put the time in I don't think you will b disappointed pal,

I had pure whippets in past that done well on shoots,my retired lad is mostly whippet with a touch of bedy and he was good dog putting birds up for gun,and he also took kaneys before they could get of floor.

Don't think the whippet and it's X's  can be betterd as a rabbit dog jmop,

Good on lamping 

They good ratters ,

They don't take up much room and cheap to feed,and easy to live with at home and in the field.

Good luck

Atb

• Like 1
52 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Whippets are great little hunters but mine like to be the ones to catch the game not flush it and go to great extremes in doing it.

They cracking little workers and Punch well above there size,I had some of the best times with a whippet or x by my side.

My lad would break his heart on anything he was slipped,he took plenty gingers single handed and no cover stopped him.

I see a few clips u put up and your pup coming on good pal,looks like you have some good days out on the rabbits.

Do you only control coney or do you do fox and roo.

I suppose snakes,spiders are a pain over there, do many get bit.

My pal in Africa as a big African Mastiff and he always comes back from the Bush with monitor clamped to his head,he killed a lot but once they latch on he karnt get the fcukers off.so he walks to my pal to prize them off.

Atb

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Moocher71 said:

They cracking little workers and Punch well above there size,I had some of the best times with a whippet or x by my side.

My lad would break his heart on anything he was slipped,he took plenty gingers single handed and no cover stopped him.

I see a few clips u put up and your pup coming on good pal,looks like you have some good days out on the rabbits.

Do you only control coney or do you do fox and roo.

I suppose snakes,spiders are a pain over there, do many get bit.

My pal in Africa as a big African Mastiff and he always comes back from the Bush with monitor clamped to his head,he killed a lot but once they latch on he karnt get the fcukers off.so he walks to my pal to prize them off.

Atb

Your thinking of Sirblessed on here,I have a older whippet related to his.I live in another state to him,such is the small number of rabbiters in oz these days,mostly pig doggers.I only hunt rabbits,the odd hare and fox with the whippets.Illegal to hunt roos with dogs,and too dangerous for the small runners,saying that ,they have caught pigs when out rabbiting,but its not my bag.Just lost my best Russell to a brown snake,see in white dogs in terrier section,once they start killing snakes its a short life for them.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, Aussie Whip said:

Your thinking of Sirblessed on here,I have a older whippet related to his.I live in another state to him,such is the small number of rabbiters in oz these days,mostly pig doggers.I only hunt rabbits,the odd hare and fox with the whippets.Illegal to hunt roos with dogs,and too dangerous for the small runners,saying that ,they have caught pigs when out rabbiting,but its not my bag.Just lost my best Russell to a brown snake,see in white dogs in terrier section,once they start killing snakes its a short life for them.

Yes he puts some good pics up of his team,

Same as you rabbiting my thing,karnt beat a day out with stinkers and a good dog.not many rabbits about now on my land but hopefully they come back from it .

I sorry to hear about your Russell,I suppose quite a lot of dogs get bit.

Atb

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Moocher71 said:

Yes he puts some good pics up of his team,

Same as you rabbiting my thing,karnt beat a day out with stinkers and a good dog.not many rabbits about now on my land but hopefully they come back from it .

I sorry to hear about your Russell,I suppose quite a lot of dogs get bit.

Atb

Never lost a running dog to snakes,the terriers hunting around on your farm are most likely bitten killing the snake.Eastern browns are aggressive and fast as lightning.