soft plastics

Relax kopyto’s in 001(white) and 055(yellow) colours are a must have . I use them in in sizes from 1-2.5 inch , jig heads are agm , ecogear and TT from an 10-1 . Got them in in other colours aswell but I’ve found the white and yellow are the most effective and I can’t be alone because they are always the ones that sell out first . Other soft plastics to look at are crazy fish nano minnows , zman slim shads , Orka mermaids and orka twister tails . You can get everything apart from I think the zman from Agm products and lureworld . Be warned though , you’ll end up spending a fortune once you go on their websites 

6ABE13B9-2AC4-41F9-9F21-CDC314070868.jpeg

Edited by neil r
Spelling
  • Like 2

I use 2g jig heads from decathlon and a mixture of soft plastics from tronix or ebayed from China. Fluro leader and 10lb braid. I only really got into it a year ago, caught perch, pike, chin, bass and Pollack on the same gear. Love it

• Like 1

Bobco do kopytos but according to their website they are out of stock . They do have one colour in Sakura split shads that is worth getting and they have some nice looking gunki lures and I think they stock zman aswell  

• Like 1

It was Tyla that introduced me to little rubber lures. I've been a fan of big shads for pike for years ;mainly because before rubber-hauling became trendy I bought a bagful of 7 inch rubber fish for a pittance from my local fishing shop and made my own lead keels and traces for them.

First time out with one I dangled my DIY rigged contraption in the current under my feet just to see what it looked like and a jack pike barely twice the size of the lure grabbed-it. Bit of a confidence boost!

As I mentioned it was an evening with Tyla that had me interested in using little lures though. I was float fishing and had plenty of small fish of various species but he was catching some interesting perch on his jig-heads so I gave it a go.

Here's a surprise catch from my local river.

IMGP0955red.jpg.cccc171a9ddfc2486ada87d77d537562.jpg

• Like 4
10 minutes ago, comanche said:

It was Tyla that introduced me to little rubber lures. I've been a fan of big shads for pike for years ;mainly because before rubber-hauling became trendy I bought a bagful of 7 inch rubber fish for a pittance from my local fishing shop and made my own lead keels and traces for them.

First time out with one I dangled my DIY rigged contraption in the current under my feet just to see what it looked like and a jack pike barely twice the size of the lure grabbed-it. Bit of a confidence boost!

As I mentioned it was an evening with Tyla that had me interested in using little lures though. I was float fishing and had plenty of small fish of various species but he was catching some interesting perch on his jig-heads so I gave it a go.

Here's a surprise catch from my local river.

IMGP0955red.jpg.cccc171a9ddfc2486ada87d77d537562.jpg

If you want to try some really small soft plastics for silvers and perch have a look at crazy fish whitebaits . They are only 3/4 inch long and you’ll need an half gram size 12 jig head or a size 10 big eye hook with a small fly tying bead on the line in front . You can see the roach hitting them as they fall through the shoal . Ballzy worms are another similar type bait that catch silvers aswell 

• Like 1

For ultralights I use a 7ft , 0.7-7gram Sakura sportism with a 2500 size shimano aernos with 10lb power pro depth hunter braid . For traces it will be 12lb knot2kinky titanium wire with most lures but if I’m using something really small like the crazy fish whitebaits or ballzy worms or 1 inch kopytos it will be 4lb guru nguage 

• Like 1

Most of my perch fishing is done on ultra light gear and the 'go to' lure is a Spinmad Tail Spinner which has caught more perch and smaller pike than anything else in the bag. I use both 4gr and 6gr which give superb action.

Sometimes a Kopyto Lime green or white 3 / 4'' can be effective.

We all like different things.

http://www.spinmad.pl/en/lures/tail_spinners/

Phil

• Like 1