Sign in to follow this  
GruffaloGriff

Big Chopper

Cracking job Griff ...never ceases to amaze me how many good things you can make from an old Landy yet when all the parts are  together you get a pile of sh1t ......😂

• Haha 4

That's quality work. Very nice. You could do just about every job with that one knife.

• Like 1

Griff what’s the final grit you use for grinding in the cutting edge/ bevel .. 

ive done these two and im wondering what grit I need to use on finished blade .

image.jpg

• Like 1

On 06/01/2019 at 22:09, Elchapo said:

Griff what’s the final grit you use for grinding in the cutting edge/ bevel .. 

ive done these two and im wondering what grit I need to use on finished blade .

Nice looking blades Elchapo. 👍

The big chopper was made as a user so not a lot of extra time spent on the finish. Think it was an 80g ceramic belt on the bevel with no additional hand finishing and sharpened with a 400g Trizact belt.

Most small blades i would finish grind with a 120g belt, sometimes a final blast with 240g. After that i work up through the grits by hand using wet & dry folded around a strip of wood and lubricated with wd40. Most of the work done with 240g but working up to 800g for a satin finish or 1200g if you want to polish it.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this