Nice little river

• 2 weeks later...

On 18/12/2018 at 11:12, tomburras said:

Hi flynndog one small chub. The river was well up so it was difficult. The wier is st Anne's mills on Kirkstall road in Leeds. 

The aire is hard river to fish fished it on an off for years some ok days my mate he fished it loads he dead now but he said trick with aire is find a spot an fish it every week on same day an more fish will come , every Wednesday he fished same spot an got better every week he get good numbers of Chubb on bread or cheese past an lost of roach dace and trout but can't remember he saying about bream 

3 hours ago, tank34 said:

The aire is hard river to fish fished it on an off for years some ok days my mate he fished it loads he dead now but he said trick with aire is find a spot an fish it every week on same day an more fish will come , every Wednesday he fished same spot an got better every week he get good numbers of Chubb on bread or cheese past an lost of roach dace and trout but can't remember he saying about bream 

The bream turn up at Kirkstall abbey stretch some nice ones too around 3-4lbs. I used to fish the aire daily as I grew up near it (Bramley) the newly stretch was amazing until the wier was removed. Last year I did a few nights on the aire and for the first year ever i had many bootlace eels. Really chuffed about that!

• Like 2
15 hours ago, tomburras said:

The bream turn up at Kirkstall abbey stretch some nice ones too around 3-4lbs. I used to fish the aire daily as I grew up near it (Bramley) the newly stretch was amazing until the wier was removed. Last year I did a few nights on the aire and for the first year ever i had many bootlace eels. Really chuffed about that!

Fished all place you said from bramley , never had bream out of aire , had ell out top of wire at newly about lb or so 

• Like 2

I fish for pike mostly, as I am near loch Lomond. but a secret location on the river endrick [ which is a tributary to loch Lomond]  holds salmon and sea trout at certain times of the year. great fishing if your fishing for roach and not expecting a rod pull with 4lb hook length. kamasan animal hooks and braid with worm you've got a chance. they all go back as I only want roach for my freezer for winter fishing. took me years to find this spot, and we don't tell anybody a'bout these now do we?