Terrier x whippets

1 hour ago, samurai said:

I posted mine before border Lakeland xwhippet, back to my ped whippet, handy little dog,17 -18 inch TTS 

E73C0375-58E8-47DE-9CED-CA75A31844D4.jpeg

Nice size for rabbits, did this dog have enough speed for day time rabbits? And what about the first cross how was it on day time rabbits?.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Str said:

Nice size for rabbits, did this dog have enough speed for day time rabbits? And what about the first cross how was it on day time rabbits?.

21 hours ago, Dinosaurs said:

Very nice little dog ?. Atb

Yes he has enough speed for  daytime rabbits but he is quite hard mouthed, the first cross which is the mother to him catches quite  a few to be fair although she normally runs with her litter sister as a pair, my daughter has the litter brother to the one in the picture but he is longer than mine and about 1 inch taller so he is a bit quicker than mine, but just mooching now so fits the job fine.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
29 minutes ago, samurai said:

Yes he has enough speed for  daytime rabbits but he is quite hard mouthed, the first cross which is the mother to him catches quite  a few to be fair although she normally runs with her litter sister as a pair, my daughter has the litter brother to the one in the picture but he is longer than mine and about 1 inch taller so he is a bit quicker than mine, but just mooching now so fits the job fine.

Any pics of first cross samurai? Cheers.

A mate had two jr x border x whippet they were great bushing dogs and had the speed to catch over short runs, Headstrong as hell and would piss off for hours in the bushes, sadly my mate was dying of cancer and while in a hospice the staff refused to let his wife bring the dogs to see him that really pissed him off.

• Sad 2

I have a patterdale x jack Russel x bedy whippet .shes a cracking little bitch.

She good ferreting bitch and speed anufe to get bolters.good rater and she had fox and took phesants plenty of times.

I took a litter from her to my whippet and all pups doing good.most went to rabbiting homes,and I hear back from the lads and they doing good job ferreting etc,

I have seen lakey x Greyhound and they looked handy, I think any of the working terriers x whippet or greyhound will work just as well as bedlington x,

Pic of pup I bred ,bedy,pat xrussel whippet.she turned into a cracking bitch.

1543748191822494104850.jpg

• Like 3
On ‎27‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 16:08, Tyla said:

Mine is silent when working. Never yapped once, noisy little shit the rest of the time though. 

When we got him I was told he would be too slow for rabbits and too small for anything else. He proved that wrong time and time again

Always like to hear about the experts being proved wrong. I grew up with a dog that was the opposite size wise. He ended up at about 30" and looked like a oversized coursing greyhound. Like a vaulting horse and as wide. Was not able to catch anything 'till well over 2 year old. Many people said he was too big, too heavily muscled (?), too heavy. The 1st thing that he caught was a hare. On the way home he caught 2 rabbits. He did not miss  much after that day. Then the experts did as experts tend to do, not admit that they were wrong but tried to buy him.

• Like 4
14 hours ago, Big bucks said:

A mate of mines had a parson bitch and his saluki greyhound dog somehow got over her lol. Pups turned out good rabbit/fox dogs 

Amazing how the russells can take the pups.Mates bitch got out and mated with a shepherd/rotty cross and spat the pups out fine.And surprisingly all got homes.

Edited by Aussie Whip
  • Like 1