BSA custom stock help

Hi Guys,

I am fairly new to the world of airguns, however I have decided to try and get an custom stock for my much-loved BSA Scorpion SE. I am looking to purchase one as seen here http://www.formriflestocks.co.uk/stocks/rifleman-ranger-air-rifle-stock

However, whilst browsing through some forums two questions (stupid I am sure) have emerged, and I wonder if any of you may be able to answer them please?

The first is that will the stock actually fit my Scorpion? I know that the "Cromwell" stock was formerly the "Ranger", which was designed exclusively for the AA S400/S410 series, and I am not too sure how the new "Cromwell" stock can actually fit the S400/S410 AND the Scorpion/R-10. To my understanding, they are similar actions, but surely there would be some important differences that would mean that the stock wouldn't fit (pressure gauge position, trigger, etc)?

Secondly, I read somewhere that I would need some sort of pressure gauge extender for it to fit my particular rifle. My Scorpion is the synthetic Tactical SE version, and apparently the "wood furniture" versions have slightly different gauges. Does anyone know if this is true or not please?

Many thanks for your kind help,

FC

I have no idea but logic would tell me that if they list a stock for that gun, it will fit. I think a phone call to Cromwell Stocks to seek advice is in order and I must confess the stock looks superb, the extra cost for an adjustable stock is worth it in my mind.

If you need parts to fit the new stock, Cromwell may sell them and if not, contact XTX for 'tuning' parts.

https://www.xtxair.com/

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, playing Devils advocate...WHY?

Is this just Bling or do you think it will improve the gun?

Crack on if it's bling, if you want improved performance trade the gun for something better!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
21 hours ago, Rimfireboy! said:

Concise?

Realistic! :thumbs:

It could cost £300-£500 for a new stock, for bling then fine, but if he wanted improved performance it would be better to put that money towards a better rifle!  Particularly as there is no guarantee changing the stock would improve the performance, a bit of fettling on existing stock may do that!

:thumbs:

Edited by Deker
  • Like 1