Fury v wilder

I wouldn't read too much into the first Fury/Wilder fight as he was not 100% and like everybody said the Wilder fight was too early. Ive watched the fight a few times now and Furys only goal was to play it safe and beat Wilder on points and he probably would have if not for him clowning/losing concentration. There was times during the fight like Roach said when Fury could have capitalised by throwing his punches with a lot more intent but he chose not when he should have and could have won rounds more clearly that possibly went to Wilder. Roach also said he would have wanted Fury to go for the stoppage if he'd had his corner.We should know what a fully fit Fury has to offer in his next couple of fights.Hopefully this year we will have an undisputed, undefeated Champion . It's gone on too long this back and forth between Wilder and Joshua and now with Fury also back in the mix the majority of fans are getting bored with it all and just want to see them fight each other instead of them taking to the various social media platforms to  talk about it . All there talk of fan bases, ppv figures, percentages,which belt is the most prestigious and millions being earned etc etc does not appeal to the fans but it's all where hearing  tbh .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

Whatever way you look at it,and what ever your opinion of the fight,Tyson done well,whether you thought he won or it was a draw or he lost,it is what it is 

Many don't,and never will take to tyson,but you can't deny his style is awkward & effective

Edited by Billy b
11 minutes ago, Billy b said:

Whatever way you look at it,and what ever your opinion of the fight,Tyson won,and a win is a win

100% I had him winning but there where rounds Fury could have won more convincingly being a bit more offensive. I did say on here before the fight that it could well end in controversy. Wilders actions at the final bell when in his corner,even he knew he'd lost .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
Just now, MickC said:

100% I had him winning but there where rounds Fury could have won more convincingly being a bit more offensive. I did say on here before the fight that there would be controversy.

Yeah it was never going to be plain sailing was it,I too thought it wouldlve paid to be on the offensive a bit more,but he still got his job done in my opinion 

• Like 1
On 03/03/2019 at 19:13, ryaldinhio said:

Honestly never knew that Gnash. I just thought jabs were point scoring punches. 

So based on that would you say there would've been a lot of rounds with neither of them winning the round? Because wilder wasn't doing much?

No mate title fights are scored on the 10 point must which means barring a deduction the winner of a round must get 10 points....what im saying is that after all said and done it is " a fight "....its not an athletic venture....and in a fight you should be looking to do damage to your opponent.....20  tippytap jabs are not damaging an opponent as much as 1 hard left hook to the body so it must be scored accordingly.....otherwise its not " a fight " its just an athletic venture requiring no power no durability and no guts/gameness.....all the qualities that seperate pro boxing from amateur.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, gnasher16 said:

No mate title fights are scored on the 10 point must which means barring a deduction the winner of a round must get 10 points....what im saying is that after all said and done it is " a fight "....its not an athletic venture....and in a fight you should be looking to do damage to your opponent.....20  tippytap jabs are not damaging an opponent as much as 1 hard left hook to the body so it must be scored accordingly.....otherwise its not " a fight " its just an athletic venture requiring no power no durability and no guts/gameness.....all the qualities that seperate pro boxing from amateur.

Agree with what ur saying fella, just never knew that.

Always said I was nothing other than a TV fan with boxing!