Fury v wilder

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, Billy b said:

He's going to take an interim fight in may/June & wants the wilder rematch after that

He could’ve had AJ and all but one world belt in the biggest fight of his life and the biggest in UK history at Wembley in April.

He’s 31 this year ffs. Interim fight in the summer and ‘maybe’ Wilder before the end of the year. Anyone would think he doesn’t want to fight AJ. Guess he has his reasons but it’s disappointing as it’s the fight most of us want to see most.

8 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

He could’ve had AJ and all but one world belt in the biggest fight of his life and the biggest in UK history at Wembley in April.

He’s 31 this year ffs. Interim fight in the summer and ‘maybe’ Wilder before the end of the year. Anyone would think he doesn’t want to fight AJ. Guess he has his reasons but it’s disappointing as it’s the fight most of us want to see most.

Fury or wilder certainly don't want to fight joshua. Said after the 1st fight, there'd be no rematch. Wilder will have a couple of 'half threat' fights, maybe brezeale 1st, then retire. f**k knows who fury's going to fight next, but I bet it won't be whyte.

Complete shower of shite

Edited by shaaark
  • Like 1
13 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

It is disappointing,we can only hope we get the fights when all men are still in sensible condition

i genuinely think though it's the men behind the scenes with this,as it was said it was to build up his profile on espn aswell.no true fighter is frit to fight anyone,a lot of the BS is from the money men,

I knew we'd be along way from the fights we all want to see

Pesonally I don't see a better fight for him right now than the wilder fight or Joshua fight,no other fighters bring as much attention or money,but that's not my business,despite all the bulls**t I wouldlnt brand any of the 3 as afraid of one another 

I think wilder will fight breazeale next 

underwhelming fights for all 3 tbh

Edited by Billy b

Top Rank and ESPN have just gave Fury a massive eighty million 5 fight deal, so do people honestly think they were going to risk it and allow him to rematch Wilder his first fight in ? Fury took a chance fighting Wilder as basically he was out in the wilderness ( through his own actions tbf) so he took the Wilder fight to jump the queue and get back in the mix.Well his gamble paid off as his stock rose after the Wilder fight and with Fury nowhere near his best, he still should have got the win.Now look at Fury ! from nowhere this time last year with most folk laughing off his comeback to back in the top three and now with a massive deal and one of the biggest networks backing him. Let's not forget that Top Rank and ESPN are also currently in talks with Wilder. It's just simple business at the end of the day, Matchroom/Dazn and Top Rank/ESPN etc have all invested heavily in there fighters and they want to see a return on it and they know that the biggest money maker is for Joshua Fury and Wilder to all face each other. So from a business point they will have all three fighting this year to build there profiles up even more before matching them against each other,and these networks too wring  every penny out of them will also want all three of them  facing each other more than once. 

Edited by MickC

He'll never have a legacy;he was stripped for bottling it and license removed for drugs before coming back and dodging any real fights. He thought wilder wouldn't tag him, he got dropped and is afraid wilder would ko him next time. 5 years time he'll just be making shit appearances as a pundit if he can behave. Then the big shows probably won't have him because they can't trust him to not say or do something stupid

19 hours ago, Billy b said:

i think most who know a bit about boxing would agree Wilder is s**t,he just has the power of punch & carries that power right through to the final bell,but as far as boxings concerned he is f**king awful,but at HW if you can whack you are always one shot away from victory potentially 

fighters can have good days & bad days & what happens to a fighter in one fight doesn't nessecarily mean that it's going to be done to him by others,either way you slice it,whether you think Tyson is s**t or you rate him,it takes a proper fighting heart to get up from a shot like that

I cant be doing with all the  " will they fight wont they fight tv deal this box office marketting that "  it bores the living shit out of me so ive flicked through most of the posts but actual fighting and fighters interests me so apologies if it looks like im aiming for you mate but these couple of points you made caught my eye....you say Wilder is " shit " and i get what your saying but its how the sport is in a division that has no size limit you can get to the very top of the sport with very little ability....as long as your a pretty strong athletic guy with a good competetive attitude size can take you the rest of the way....that couldnt happen in any other weight division but heavyweight.

Regards Fury being shit i dont think he is i think he has pretty decent talent and ability probably just under domestic title level.......taking his size away and putting his boxing ability,power and chin in the middleweight division for example he would get pummelled by a Callum Smith and totally outboxed by a James Degale......its his physicality that has got him where he is....and good luck to him use what you have.....regarding his fighting heart we havent seen any yet....to get up from a shot like that is not fighting heart its pure instinct....his powers of recovery were phenomenal and testament to his conditioning but fighting heart is not proven with a 1 punch knockdown its proven with a systematic beating where you have to think and make decisions.....i actually think he was very lucky to get through that round most referees when a fighter gets flatlined like that dont even bother to count they just wave it off.

• Like 4
On 26/02/2019 at 06:55, South hams hunter said:

He keeps doing it because he accepts fury isn't the best puncher but believes him to be the most technical since Ali. The best Boxer for feet and head movement

The funniest thing about people giving big strong opinions on stuff they have little knowledge and no experience of is the fact they dont know that they are saying funny stuff !

I used to get a few chaps on here have a pop at me for not talking about hunting very much but i dont kid myself i dont have much knowledge or experience which is why i dont give out opinions on it....if i did give my naive opinions people might be polite and not say anything but they would secretly be pissing themself laughing.

Hence the mere phrase " most technical since Ali "......is in itself hilarious ....Ali was possibly the least technical heavyweight champion there has ever been !!.....he had amazing abilities but none of them would be found anywhere in a boxing textbook......the hands held low,the dancing feet,the dependance on lightning reflexes,the holding...none of them are techniques you would be taught......Fury himself is technically poor but his unorthodox movement and amateur style point scoring at nearly 7 feet tall makes him very difficult to beat.....none of these top heavyweights are good technicians.

Edited by gnasher16
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I cant be doing with all the  " will they fight wont they fight tv deal this box office marketting that "  it bores the living shit out of me so ive flicked through most of the posts but actual fighting and fighters interests me so apologies if it looks like im aiming for you mate but these couple of points you made caught my eye....you say Wilder is " shit " and i get what your saying but its how the sport is in a division that has no size limit you can get to the very top of the sport with very little ability....as long as your a pretty strong athletic guy with a good competetive attitude size can take you the rest of the way....that couldnt happen in any other weight division but heavyweight.

Regards Fury being shit i dont think he is i think he has pretty decent talent and ability probably just under domestic title level.......taking his size away and putting his boxing ability,power and chin in the middleweight division for example he would get pummelled by a Callum Smith and totally outboxed by a James Degale......its his physicality that has got him where he is....and good luck to him use what you have.....regarding his fighting heart we havent seen any yet....to get up from a shot like that is not fighting heart its pure instinct....his powers of recovery were phenomenal and testament to his conditioning but fighting heart is not proven with a 1 punch knockdown its proven with a systematic beating where you have to think and make decisions.....i actually think he was very lucky to get through that round most referees when a fighter gets flatlined like that dont even bother to count they just wave it off.

No problem, yeah I understand that about weight limit at heavy mate,being in cracking shape & being strong & fit will see you potentially go all the way,I don't want people to think I dont respect wilder when I say s**t,as weird as that sounds?As I respect all men who get into the ring from the lowest level to the highest,I'm more on about his technique,footwork & fundamentals,

i rate Tyson fury,and would agree he uses his size very well,which is a great way to apply yourself really,using what you've got to the best of your advantage,and it is all relative to the weight isn't it,he'd definitely have a task on his hands against the boys at middle

heart & gameness is definitely put more to the test in a gruelling fight from the first bell than it is from a one shot knocdown,I just mean mentally he couldlve thrown it away at that point & just gone through the motions,he does have good recuperation skills & instinct which was shown in the Cunningham fight 

just some fighters may have jacked at that point,not all, but some 

• Like 1

South hams hunter

Stripped for bottling what ?

What real fights has he dodged ?

When he beat Wlad he was contractually signed to rematch Wlad so his hands were tied as regards to defending the IBF belt. Glazkov was the mandatory for the IBF belt so Hearn and others jumped straight in lobbying the IBF to strip Fury of the belt and he was stripped a few days after winning the belt. Glazkov lost to Martin for vacant IBF belt and then Joshua beat Martin after Hearn offered Martin a deal he could not refuse. (Over 19 time his highest previous purse) Fury returned had two warm up fights then fought Wilder the WBC champion. As for the licence removal it was a very strange affair,Fury had higher than normal Nando levels after the Hammer fight in February and was told by the testing agency that his Nando levels were getting high but within limits and to watch his diet etc.So why was he not busted at the time ? Instead the agency let him fight again 9 months later which was the Wlad fight and tested him more regular than normal and they where all fine. They only went after him when he chased off the drug testers just before the second fight with Wlad was cancelled and then when they did test him he was popped for cocaine not a ped. Why was the result from the Hammer fight not changed to a no contest and the original result allowed to stand ? The whole situation is certainly strange .

Edited by MickC