Fury v wilder

20 hours ago, shaaark said:

Been saying how ordinary wilder is all through this thread. And why he only took the fury fight because he saw fury as no threat. I personally don't think wilder is as big a puncher as he's made out to be. Look at his record, he's fought no-one really. Easy to look like a knockout artist when you've been fighting mediocre opponents, and duck and pick, which is exactly what he's done his whole career. Fury doesn't have the best chin, and has been dropped by cruiserweights, yet wilder couldn't stop him. 

Still don't think fury wilder 2 will happen. But if it does, and fury really gets his act together, and takes wilder seriously, and works on his power shots, I think/hope he'll stop wilder before the 6th/7th round

I think Wilder hits very hard he has that equalizer kind of punch that he can pull out the bag at any time as he did with Fury.....im not a fan of the way Fury fights but credit where its due the way he recovered so quickly from that knockdown i think was remarkable....i still think Fury was lucky to get that draw where some people thought he won....but saying that i dont think ive ever seen a fighter fighting at world level who is as technically poor as Wilder.....which again tells me its only his power that got him to where he is.....the way he throws golf swings from angles you cant throw punches from,the way he crosses his feet over....he is just terrible,he was tailor made for Fury.

If and when Fury fights Joshua he would need to fight him completely different to how he fought Wilder.....Joshua is very good at tracking down runners he doesnt chase them he methodically stalks them and when he gets a guy in trouble he's a good finisher....ive been somewhat out of the loop around gyms the last few years so i dont know what they've been working on but Joshua is a guy who can pick things up easy,he is a quick learner and very dedicated in his learning,constant repetitions etc.....without getting too technical,because technical is boring,the basis to any boxer versus brawler contest is for the boxer ( Fury ) to stay off the line....the brawler ( Joshua ) tries to move the boxer into position with his feet and must have the ability to let the punch go immediately he gets him there,the boxer will constantly come off the line and make the brawler re - set but its angles where the boxer usually comes unstuck and Wilders prediction of angles were ridiculous where Joshuas will be much clearer,personally i think Joshua has the ability to be quite a polished fighter given time,unfortunately having come into the game very late i doubt he will get that time....but it does show the state of the heavyweight division when guys like Joshua and Wilder can come into the sport very late and still make such a big impact.

• Like 2

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

Yes no doubt wilder hits hard,I've said before in terms of one hit power he is a heavier puncher than joshua,but that doesn't matter all that much as Joshua is a far better combination puncher than wilder will ever be,with much better shot selection

the danger for Tyson was always going to be wilders power...really and truly wilder has very little going for him except that he can whack....only things he really does is gauge distance with body jabs & use parries to cover his opponents face to then fire the right....but his footwork & balance is so bad that it rarely works for him

Some tidy Heavyweight fights already to start 2019 

Parker v Chisora

Whyte v Brezeale

Fury v Wilder

Josua v Miller

and allegedly Usyk v Povetkin , that's showing intent and balls mind to take on Povetkin in his first Heavyweight fight if it is true. Hopefully if the fight fights come off we will see an undisputed champion in 2020 if not late 2019 if mandatorys can be put aside .

20 hours ago, Billy b said:

I rate usyk very highly,quality fighter,legitimate threat to the heavies despite his size 

I think usyck will do fine at heavyweight. Could easily put on another 20-25 pounds, and still be very sharp

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, shaaark said:

I think usyck will do fine at heavyweight. Could easily put on another 20-25 pounds, and still be very sharp

I agree he could add weight & still be sharp ? imo usyk is one of the best active fighters right now alongside his countryman lomachenko 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, waltjnr said:

Fury's in the money eighty mill deal with espn, I no jack shit about boxing but talksport radio are excited! 

Yeah, I seen on you tube earlier, fury's got an eighty million pound deal with ESPN, and now the rematch might not happen. More strokes etc being pulled. 

I been saying since the 1st fight, there wouldn't be a rematch. Who knows? Getting out of hand now trying to follow what's 'supposed' to be happening

Edited by shaaark

From what I gather, Fury’s deal makes a fight with AJ less likely now. Not sure what that says about his ambition. Maybe Max can tell us. 

Warren going on about ‘biggest platform’ and ‘muscle at the table’ but if he can’t make the Wilder rematch, and Joshua is out of reach, then where does Fury go?

Hopefully Fury’s 5 fight deal stipulates that he has to get a world title shot. Otherwise he’s a bigger ducker and more of a cash cow than AJ’s ever been ?

Fury has a rematch with Wilder next.It should not matter what Network a fighter is with as the Fury v Wilder rematch has been ordered by the WBC who are the sanctioning body.  Wilders team are still saying they want the Fury rematch.They will have to sit down and sort a deal out between there representatives ( which is what Finkel wants) unless either Fury walks away or Wilder does and then he would get stripped. Fury needed to sign up with a bigger outfit than just Warren who lets be honest cant compete with Hearn/Dazn, it makes sense for Fury to sign up with Top Rank and ESPN, I honestly thought last week that Warrens announcement this week was that Fury was leaving him and going elsewhere so not surprised at all to hear Fury he has signed up to a 5 fight deal with Top Rank and ESPN .

Edited by MickC
32 minutes ago, pesky1972 said:

From what I gather, Fury’s deal makes a fight with AJ less likely now. Not sure what that says about his ambition. Maybe Max can tell us. 

Warren going on about ‘biggest platform’ and ‘muscle at the table’ but if he can’t make the Wilder rematch, and Joshua is out of reach, then where does Fury go?

Hopefully Fury’s 5 fight deal stipulates that he has to get a world title shot. Otherwise he’s a bigger ducker and more of a cash cow than AJ’s ever been ?

He's done it on purpose so he don't have to Fight either, better than a 3 week bender