Fury v wilder

I have to laugh when i see people digging Joshua out over his choice of opponents..... Wilder and Fury wouldnt fight him because they're supposedly fighting each other so they are out.....Whyte turned the fight down so he,s out.....so what is he supposed to do ?

Look at who has fought who already ( facts )

Of the current crop of top heavyweights Joshua has fought 5.....Wilder has fought 2......and Fury has only fought 1

So lets dig Joshua out ?

• Like 3

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I noticed it with football too.just a better insight and passion for it.

you see max that's where we disagree....and I think your very wrong.....iron mike had great footwork..and superb headmovement...the amount of shots that slid past his head in his early fights was some

First time I’ve seen a p***y get robbed  

Posted Images

I'm sorry gnasher but times have changed since you where last on here, talking sense on boxing threads is. No long allowed. 

Heck max has been saying for 1500 comments how fury is the best heavyweight boxer since Ali... So if you have no strange, outlandish comments to make please keep them to yourself 

• Haha 4
29 minutes ago, gnasher16 said:

I have to laugh when i see people digging Joshua out over his choice of opponents..... Wilder and Fury wouldnt fight him because they're supposedly fighting each other so they are out.....Whyte turned the fight down so he,s out.....so what is he supposed to do ?

Look at who has fought who already ( facts )

Of the current crop of top heavyweights Joshua has fought 5.....Wilder has fought 2......and Fury has only fought 1

So lets dig Joshua out ?

Like I said in one of my earlier posts, I still don't believe fury wilder 2 will happen, until I actually see it. 

Wilder's fought no-one really, his whole career. Agreed to fight a washed up fury, cos he didn't see him as a threat. And while people pour scorn on joshua, at least miller aint priced himself out of a fight with him.

Still think wilder and fury will come out with more excuses why not to fight joshua, if that makes more sense ?

Edited by shaaark
Just now, lurcherman 887 said:

The art of boxing... hit and not be hit stuff.. not saying tyson cant be hit. But hes technically better .

Is that a FACT? Because he was knocked on his arse TWICE in the same fight by someone that is NOT a very good 'boxer' ?

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, South hams hunter said:

how fury is the best heavyweight boxer since Ali... 

oi mate....mate......its Valentines Day not Comic Relief Day ?

21 minutes ago, lurcherman 887 said:

Furys technically the better fighter no doubt.. you must agree 

Technically as in what ?....punch delivery ? balance ? shifting weight ? hip rotation ? closing distance ? .......id say he is poor.

Technically as in keeping distance ? speed of foot ? using sheer unorthodox height and reach to score points.....id say he is very gifted.

Fury is a one trick pony.....its just a different type of trick to the other big 2.......and to me its a far more risky trick than the other 2.....when you dont come out to try and get rid of your opponent you risk leaving victory in the hands and opinions of 3 daft old men and thats where he came unstuck last time out......take your opponent out and you dont have those type of problems.

Its what separates amateur boxing ( point totals )......to pro boxing ( effective aggression ).

Fury has done fantastic since he stopped standing and fighting opponents,when he stood and had a tear up even with much smaller men he got put on his arse so he has done the right thing and utilised his size on the move.

• Like 4

Miller has some work rate on him and as we seen with AJ /povetkin AJ is uncomfortable when under constant pressure,I'm not sure it will be a walk in the park for AJ but technically you have to give it to him. 

Fury was nowhere near the level what he was before his lay off and it was evident during the Wilder fight yet he stid had too much for Wilder,monster power aside he exposed how poor technically Wilder really is.Wilder took the Fury fight gambling on him not being ready and thought he would sneak the advantage. After two poor come back fights Fury went over to America to take on Wilder despite many on here saying it was a publicity stunt,fight would never happen etc etc. It was easy to see that Fury was not as sharp,not as fit,he was heavier,ring rusty and clearly not as mentally tuned in/focussed and there was no switch hitting,never fought southpaw,no real lateral movement and nor did he even try to utilise any power shots. Fury is not a one punch banger but he has stopped some decent fighters just with accumulative shots over the rounds. In the Fury v Wilder rematch we should see a better version of Fury and like Gnasher mentioned he is going to have to  punch with more authority,as for Wilder what can he improve on ? He does have a bit athleticism,can do 12 rounds no problem and he carries that power right until the last bell. Joshua is making his US debut against Miller so it's good to see he's prepared to fight outside the UK,at end of the day who else is available for him ? Wilder and Fury are rematching so that's them two out the picture for now. All the fans want is to see the three of them face each other so it's still just a waiting game .

Edited by MickC
  • Like 1
41 minutes ago, shaaark said:

Is that a FACT? Because he was knocked on his arse TWICE in the same fight by someone that is NOT a very good 'boxer' ?

Agreed he's not the best boxer in the division but he's arguably the biggest puncher in the division. You are right  though it was down to Furys boxing,he was at fault for the knockdowns through clowning and giving his height away. I think that's what makes the rematch so interesting, Fury should improve in a lot of areas but not sure what Wilder is going to do different .

Edited by MickC
Sp
18 hours ago, gnasher16 said:

oi mate....mate......its Valentines Day not Comic Relief Day ?

Technically as in what ?....punch delivery ? balance ? shifting weight ? hip rotation ? closing distance ? .......id say he is poor.

Technically as in keeping distance ? speed of foot ? using sheer unorthodox height and reach to score points.....id say he is very gifted.

Fury is a one trick pony.....its just a different type of trick to the other big 2.......and to me its a far more risky trick than the other 2.....when you dont come out to try and get rid of your opponent you risk leaving victory in the hands and opinions of 3 daft old men and thats where he came unstuck last time out......take your opponent out and you dont have those type of problems.

Its what separates amateur boxing ( point totals )......to pro boxing ( effective aggression ).

Fury has done fantastic since he stopped standing and fighting opponents,when he stood and had a tear up even with much smaller men he got put on his arse so he has done the right thing and utilised his size on the move.

Every days comic relief on here, it's one of the many FACTS max has put one here

22 hours ago, MickC said:

Fury was nowhere near the level what he was before his lay off and it was evident during the Wilder fight yet he stid had too much for Wilder,monster power aside he exposed how poor technically Wilder really is.Wilder took the Fury fight gambling on him not being ready and thought he would sneak the advantage. After two poor come back fights Fury went over to America to take on Wilder despite many on here saying it was a publicity stunt,fight would never happen etc etc. It was easy to see that Fury was not as sharp,not as fit,he was heavier,ring rusty and clearly not as mentally tuned in/focussed and there was no switch hitting,never fought southpaw,no real lateral movement and nor did he even try to utilise any power shots. Fury is not a one punch banger but he has stopped some decent fighters just with accumulative shots over the rounds. In the Fury v Wilder rematch we should see a better version of Fury and like Gnasher mentioned he is going to have to  punch with more authority,as for Wilder what can he improve on ? He does have a bit athleticism,can do 12 rounds no problem and he carries that power right until the last bell. Joshua is making his US debut against Miller so it's good to see he's prepared to fight outside the UK,at end of the day who else is available for him ? Wilder and Fury are rematching so that's them two out the picture for now. All the fans want is to see the three of them face each other so it's still just a waiting game .

Been saying how ordinary wilder is all through this thread. And why he only took the fury fight because he saw fury as no threat. I personally don't think wilder is as big a puncher as he's made out to be. Look at his record, he's fought no-one really. Easy to look like a knockout artist when you've been fighting mediocre opponents, and duck and pick, which is exactly what he's done his whole career. Fury doesn't have the best chin, and has been dropped by cruiserweights, yet wilder couldn't stop him. 

Still don't think fury wilder 2 will happen. But if it does, and fury really gets his act together, and takes wilder seriously, and works on his power shots, I think/hope he'll stop wilder before the 6th/7th round

Edited by shaaark
2 hours ago, shaaark said:

Been saying how ordinary wilder is all through this thread. And why he only took the fury fight because he saw fury as no threat. I personally don't think wilder is as big a puncher as he's made out to be. Look at his record, he's fought no-one really. Easy to look like a knockout artist when you've been fighting mediocre opponents, and duck and pick, which is exactly what he's done his whole career. Fury doesn't have the best chin, and has been dropped by cruiserweights, yet wilder couldn't stop him. 

Still don't think fury wilder 2 will happen. But if it does, and fury really gets his act together, and takes wilder seriously, and works on his power shots, I think/hope he'll stop wilder before the 6th/7th round

Just been looking through rankings etc and tbh I did not realise just how poor the Heavyweight Division is at this moment. Ok its the Heavyweight division and one punch can change everything we know that but outside Joshua Wilder Fury and maybe Whyte there is basically a lack of talent available. Ok Usyk is a class act but hes yet to fight at Heavyweight and Joyce is yet to step up. I think Pulev has the size and enough talent to mix it with the top three but cant say hed beat any of them. Wilder was exposed by Fury and was also being exposed by Ortiz before being stopped. Wilder is the typical Haymon advised fighter, well looked after, is allowed to do his own thing as well as being Americas only Heavyweight Champ which also gets him a bit more lee way than others.I think Wilder will rematch Fury as the moneys too good to walk away from plus he knows that Fury is not the type of fighter that will damage/seriously hurt him. Fury has been down but he does have very good recovery powers as evident in the last round against Wilder.Apparently Warren is making an announcement on Monday regarding the rematch .

Edited by MickC
Sp
  • Like 1